8. advanced apologies

The treatment you receive from the blonde ruler never did change even after three days. He did loosen up, began interacting with you more ( not as much as before, and not in way you would have preferred ), and he stopped giving you numerous tasks that require you to be away from him.

He continued to honestly describe your tea─and that was the closest thing the two of you had to a casual conversation outside of business. 

With a sigh ( you seemed to be doing that a lot these days ), you exited the dining hall. These days, you've received more free time than ever. You've explored parts of the palace you only glanced over before, interacted with the limited staff, and even had time to make a quick trip to the Emerald Palace to greet your friends.

You would usually enjoying having nothing to do, but you've gotten used to your routine that not doing anything seemed wrong. Oh, if only a certain someone could give you something to do─

"Miss (Y/n)!" Bel, the young girl that managed to point out the fact that you once shared the same scent as the ruler of Obelia, dashed towards you, a brown envelope in her hands.

Oh, look at that. you stayed in your spot to wait for the girl to arrive. I have work to do.

She panted for a few seconds when she stopped in front of you, but she regained her cool not long after. She raised the brown envelope your way. "...Budgetary documents...that are to be...delivered by Miss (Y/n)...to the Ruby Palace...and be signed...by Miss Lilian York...Emperor's orders..."

Ruby Palace? Me? Why would a task like this be thrown to a maid─ your brows furrowed at her words. Claude, why are you pushing me to the direction of your child?! After that?! He's out of his mind if he thinks I'm going to the Ruby Palace.

After thirty minutes of deliberation, you found yourself approaching a Ruby Palace maid. 

"Excuse me, I'm from the Garnet Palace." you introduced yourself after getting the female's attention. "I'm here to deliver documents regarding budgeting. On that note, may I see Miss Lilian York?"

"She's currently attending to the Princess." the female with light colored hair replied. "If you could wait a bit, I'll alert her of your presence, and she'll be with you in a second."

That sounds so business-like. despite your thoughts, you nodded your head and was about to verbally give your agreement, but stopped after a few seconds. 

Wait. Why did he send me here, the place where he left his daughter? Does he not realize how bad that is, or is he... you met the gaze of the light haired servant. "Is it possible if I went to Miss Lilian York myself instead? You said she's with the Princess, so..."