Catch That Kid!

As soon as he was done dismantling Jarvis' panel, Loki looked up at the air duct over his head. He knew it would be a matter of a few seconds before Natasha came through the door. Loki climbed up on the marble counter and reached for the vent, pulling the cover off of it. Jumping up high, Loki gripped the edges and pulled himself up and in. He tried to use his magic to pull the vent back on to cover his trail, but the metal only rattled like a wind was disturbing it. "Son of a bitch!" Loki hissed, but that was when somebody kicked the door in. Loki slid back a few inches, and the ground gave way. "Ah!" Loki shouted as he fell. The Avengers, who had burst into the bathroom, heard him as he fell.

"He's in the air ducts!" Steve said. Tony whipped out a pad and began to type.

"You better catch him without hurting him too much Tony. As much as I'd love to punch his cute little face in, he's a kid now," Bruce pointed out.

"I'll punch it anyway," Clint said, checking his gun.

"Enough talk people! I'm trying to close the vent doors so he's stuck inside. If I don't, he'll climb out somewhere, and with Jarvis out of comish, we won't know where!" Tony said.

Meanwhile, Loki had twisted himself around, and was falling feet first. His hands were touching the sides of the ducts, but only for a little while. Eventually, the friction was too much, and Loki pulled them away. He blew on them, and he felt them cool down instantly. That gave him an idea. Maybe he did not have his magic, but he still had his natural Frost Giant abilities. Loki began to make the walls cold, and ice formed along the sides. Soon, they were brittle enough, and Loki stopped himself mid duct. He braced himself against the wall and began to kick. He kicked and kicked till it gave way, and he tumbled out. When Loki looked up, he saw that he was in an armory of sorts. Rifles, bows, different arrows, and other weapons were lining the walls and the silver tables. Loki stood up and looked around, a smirk slowly appearing on his face. "Now we're talking," he said. Loki went to a closet and when he opened it, it was filled with Nano suits, designed by Bruce to fit whoever put them on. Loki pulled the smallest one out and slipped it on, ditching the hospital getup the Avengers had put on him.

When it touched his skin, the Nano suit conformed and soon, Loki was wearing a tight black suit with a display panel on the forearm, courtesy of Tony Stark. Loki typed into the panel, and green lines appeared going down his arms and legs. Once he had altered the settings, Loki looked at weapons. He had to pick something that he was good at. Since New York, and since Loki had become a contractor, he had taken a liking to the Midgardian form of fighting called Eskrima, commonly found in the Philippines. Loki took a couple of knives and strapped them to his lower legs. A mid-length stick went on his back, and one gun was placed on his side. When Loki caught sight of himself in a mirror and he grinned. "Oh yeah! I've still got style!" Loki said, flicking a strand of his hair behind his ear. Suddenly, Loki heard an enormous amount of stomping from above and guessed the Avengers where starting to scan the floors. "Well, I've got to debut sometime," Loki admitted as he placed his hand against the door and froze it. When it was weak, he kicked it down, and it crashed into the hallway. Loki stepped out and almost got hit in the face with a shield. "Wow! I guess it doesn't matter what body I'm in," Loki said as he stepped out and saw Steve at the other end.

"You lied," Steve said.

Loki shrugged his shoulders and Steve saw the stick on his back. "That's what I do. You're a goody two-shoes. I'm a deceptive contractor. We're different people," Loki said. He smirked and Steve started walking towards him, his hands up.

"I don't want to fight you," Steve told Loki. Loki looked up at him. At ten-years-old, Loki had only been about 4 ft. 5 in. Steve was over six feet as an adult with super soldier serum. What chances did this kid have against an Avenger?

"Well, I do," Loki responded. He dropped down and slid in between Steve's legs. When Steve spun around, the Eskrima stick hit him right under the jaw. Loki then spun on his hips and took the soldier's legs out from beneath him. Steve hit the floor and Loki broke away.

"I've got him! He's on the weapons floor and he's armed! Apprehend with extreme care!" Steve said into his comm.

"Let us be the judge of that," Clint responded dryly and Steve growled as he stood up.

Loki had made it to the elevator shaft and opened the doors. The thick wires leading down several levels appeared before him. Loki put his hand around the wire and froze a handle to it. He then jumped and began his descent. The wind whipped him in the face, and Loki's hair flew behind him. Soon, he saw the elevator car, and he slowed up. When he landed, there was a huge crashing sound, and he dented the roof. Loki opened the trap door and jumped down. He pried the main doors open and looked around with a raised eyebrow. At that moment, he was not taking any chances. He stepped out, his stick in hand, and the gun as well. "Hold it right there Reindeer Games!" said a voice, but Loki turned and pulled the trigger. The bullet hit Tony right in the center of his helmet, knocking him back a step or two. Loki began to run, turning a corner and crashing into a lab. He glanced at the computers and saw that Jarvis was starting to reboot himself. To slow him down, Loki went to the keyboard and began to type codes into Jarvis' system.

"Attempted breach of protocols. Alert. Alert," Jarvis said and the wall near Loki's head suddenly had a burning hole in it. Loki turned around and Tony was standing there in his Iron Man suit, a bullet sticking out of his helmet.

"You are so going to regret what you just did," Tony said. Loki smirked and hit the Enter button. The fire alarm went off, and all the sprinklers turned on. Tony reacted, covering his eyes as the water fell. Loki grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall, and jumped from a desk. When Tony looked up, Loki hit him in the face with it, bashing in the helmet and knocking Tony onto his ass.

"Don't think I'm going to be regretting anything douchebag!" Loki said. Tony made no smart remark from inside the helmet, so Loki guessed he had fazed him. Dropping the fire extinguisher, Loki walked away from the felled Iron Man. Loki smirked. He had dealt with two Avengers with his bare hands, and he was in an inferior body. "Why didn't I defeat them with an army?" he wondered out loud. An arrow hit him from behind and Loki was filled with a few bolts of electricity. He fell down and twitched, knowing exactly who was responsible for this. Loki growled and looked over his shoulder at Clint Barton as he approached.

"Got you know sucker," Clint said as he aimed another arrow at him. Loki pulled himself to his knees and looked at Barton.

"That is where you are wrong Barton. You and your friends don't even begin to have me," Loki said. Suddenly, the temperature in the room dropped. Barton's fingers numbed up quickly and the bow was useless.

"What are you doing?!" he asked as frost formed on the tips of his eyelashes.

"I guess Thor neglected to tell you what species I really was. I'm a Frost Giant of Jotunheim. That means I have the ability to control snow and ice. Maybe I don't need my magic as much as I thought. You feeling it? The lack of control when every extremity goes numb," Loki said as he stood up. Clint tried to blow on his hands, but his very breath had the warmth stolen away from it. Loki walked up and flicked his ear with his finger.

"Ouch," Clint said as he slowly sank to his knees.

"Your normal sensory nerves are dead, but your pain nerves are sharpened. Everything always hurts more when it's cold," Loki said. That was when he pinched a nerve in Clint's neck and the archer fell. Loki smirked as he watched him lying there. "Sweet dreams are made of this," Loki quoted before he walked away.