Protection Detail, Hut!

Of course, Hela was amused at the prospect of having somebody who wanted to kill her.  She started laughing, rocking in her throne, and holding her stomach.  Loki frowned, and waved his hand again, like he was turning the crank of an old car to wind it up.  He was obviously signaling for her to speed it up.  It did not work.  “Oh, oh, ha, ha!  Oh that’s a killer!” Hela said, giggling even more.

“Oh yeah, throw in a pun while you’re at it,” Loki said.  Hela laughed a little while longer before she finally wiped her eyes and straightened up in the chair.  When she glanced over at her father, who’s mouth was twisted up, and who was raising his eyebrow at her.  Loki tapped the arm of her chair with his tapered fingers and he cleared his throat. 

“So, somebody wants to kill me, and you bring these mortal clowns to assist?” Hela asked.

“Clowns?!” Clint asked, indignant and Hela looked at him.  In comparison to them, she looked like she was in her very early twenties.  They gathered she was probably thousands of years older than they were, and yet she looked younger than their youngest member (Clint/Natasha; it’s a toss up).

“Comparatively speaking, yes, clowns,” Hela reiterated before she looked back at Loki.  “What do you hope to accomplish by working together with people you dislike?”  Loki stroked his chin as he contemplated his daughter’s query.

“I don’t know.  I guess it’s a chance for me to rediscover why I hate them so much,” Loki said

“Hey!  In the same room here!” Steve pointed out in an irritated tone of voice. 

“Yes, in the same room in my realm, where nobody can save you if you piss me off,” Hela said before she looked back at Loki.  He was giving her a puppy dog look of sorts, making his green eyes big, and sticking his lip out like he was pouting.  “Fine!  Alright!  You and your mortal ‘friends’ can protect me if you wish, but I have a schedule that needs upholding,” Hela said.  “First: I have Queen Aria from Heven to entertain for another couple of days.  Also, I have a list of things I must do throughout the course of a day: breakfast, training, piano, spa, ruling, that sort of thing,” Hela began to explain.  Even Loki sighed, and rested his chin in his hand. 

“Anything else, your majesty?” Natasha asked, her jaw clenched tightly together.

“Yes, you are not all to wait on me at once.  That would just be irritating.  In sets of two, I think.  In the morning, I prefer the Widow, and the Hawk.  Easy start,” Hela said.

“Okay, I guess that’s a compliment coming from you,” Bruce said.  Hela smirked before she leaned back in her throne and began to crack her fingers one at a time.

“In the middle of the day, I would like to have the Man of Iron and Spangles,” Hela said.  Tony chuckled, but Steve shot him a look.  “Finally, the Odinson and the monster.”  Bruce stiffened when she called him that, and Hela glanced over.  Loki placed a hand on hers and leaned towards her.

“I would have a care, Hela.  All your monsters would not be able to contain the Hulk if he were unleashed,” Loki said.  Hela smirked his smirk and leaned back in her chair. 

“I have nothing to fear from the Hulk.  You might have smashed by him, Father,” Hela said and Loki’s mouth twisted up, “but my power will allow me to strip away the ultimate gift the Hulk has.”  Bruce raised an eyebrow, and Loki's eyes widened as he sat back.  His fingers rapped the arm of the chair and he also smirked.  “My powers allow me to control and manipulate a person’s soul.  If I wanted the Hulk in my sway, I would simply take his soul into my custody,” Hela said.  Bruce’s jaw dropped, and Hela waved her hand, indicating she was not finished speaking.  “As for you, Father, you may come and go at your own pleasure.  You wish to investigate the suspicion of assassination, you have all the power I can grant you in my realm.  Ask what you will, go where you wish.  I am flattered that you care so much for me,” Hela said.  Loki’s smile was genuine as he took her hand and brought it to his lips.  The Avengers watched this display of affection with raised eyebrows, but Thor looked down at his feet, having known Hela’s mother well.

“For the love I bear toward your mother, I will always love you,” Loki said.  Hela also gave him a soft smile before they looked back at the Avengers.  “Now that you know your business, attention!” Loki told them.  Steve was the only one who instinctively straightened up.  This made everyone laugh, and Steve huffed.  “Old habits die hard.”

Loki opened his eyes the next day.  Sitting up in his soft bed, he stretched and yawned.  He was smirking as he knew Hawkeye and Black Widow would be with his daughter now, making sure that she was safe and well protected.  Not that Hela could not handle herself in any sticky situation.  Loki just needed the Avengers distracted so he could do what he wanted to do.  What he needed to do.  He figured they would spare Amora and Karnilla if they caught them.  Loki would not be so forgiving.  They had targeted him and his daughter, something normal people in the Nine Realms did not do.  Tick Loki off, and he eventually ticks you off his list.  Loki smirked as he climbed out of bed and the door to his room opened.  He glanced up and saw Anne Boleyn enter.  “My mistress sent me here to see if there was anything you desired,” Anne Boleyn asked.  Loki stroked his chin as he thought and wondered if there was something Anne Boleyn could help him with.

“Yes, please send for Sir Arthur Conan Doyle and Edgar Allen Poe.  I need fantastic murder attempts from two mystery writers,” Loki said.  Anne Boleyn curtsied and left.  Loki snickered as he watched her leave.  She could not give sons, so, the only thing she was good for was running errands.  Unlike Henry VIII, Hela knew her true potential.  “Amora and Karnilla will not attempt to take my daughter’s life in the normal way.  They’ll come at this sideways.  They’ll try to surprise me and catch me off my guard.  My!  Won’t they be surprised when they learn I’ve got the Avengers working for me!”