All Hail the King!

Loki flipped his black cloak with the fur trim over his shoulder, wiping dust from it. Turning back to the mirror, he swept his hair out of his face, and his fingers lightly traced the scar on his jawline. Ignoring it after a moment, Loki spun around and admired his new digs in Nornheim. His chamber was high, and carved out of some fantastic purple stone. The bed had been cleared of its red and violet sheets, and replaced with green and gold. The shelves were replaced with books, a few scrolls of the celestial heavens, and boxes, filled with Loki's secrets. An array of weapons was hanging on the wall, and Loki let his hand glide over the steel. Loki smirked as he thought about when Odin found out about him being King of Nornheim. The All-Father had come with a small escort of Asgardians, including Thor, Sif, and the Warriors Three. Of course, Fenris the Hell Hound, was already in position, as well as two of Hela's regiments. Odin challenged them, asking them why they were occupying Nornheim, and Fenris said it was on the orders of his queen. Hela killed Karnilla, and was therefore, by the rules of honor, the one to select the next monarch. Odin was furious. Thor knew it was going to happen, so he tried to ignore it.

A knock on the door reached his ears, and Loki looked up and smiled. The chamber doors opened, and Vlad the Impaler entered, clicking his heels together. "My lord, the ceremony is ready, and your daughter is waiting," Vlad told him.

"Thank you, Vlad, I shall be down momentarily. Are the guests of honor here?" Loki queried on the sly.

"Yes, your majesty. The Avengers are all present," Vlad said and he left the room. Loki appraised himself in the mirror, and smirked.

"All hail the king," he muttered to himself before he disappeared in a puff of green smoke.

The throne room of the palace of Nornheim was filled with the nobility that Karnilla had left behind. They had all been treated fairly by Fenris and his soldiers, and they saw Loki as their new king without guile. Now that Odin had been sent back to Asgard, the Norns were relieved that their realm would not be ruled by a puppet of the All-Father. The Avengers glanced around and saw the expressions on the faces of the people. They definitely looked pleased. "How did your old man take Loki's new position?" Tony asked Thor. The God of Thunder glared at Stark, but the Man of Iron was not to be dissuaded. He stepped on Thor's foot, and the prince sighed.

"He did not take it well. Said Loki and Hela committed treason. Tricking him into removing the mask, and stealing Karnilla's throne," Thor said. Tony snorted, not knowing whether to agree with Thor, or admit that Odin had it coming.

"Technically neither of them is Asgardian born. Am I wrong?" Natasha asked.

"No. You are right. Loki was born in Jotunheim, and Hela was never declared an Asgardian citizen when she was born. Because of her unnatural abilities, Father banished her to Nifflehiem," Thor explained. Bruce shuddered, and Steve looked outraged.

"The definition of 'traitor' is a person who commits a crime against his liege lord or country, meaning that he is in fact, a naturalized citizen. Your dad needs to be a better lawyer," Natasha jabbed, and Thor glared at her. There were chuckles from the rest of the Avenger at this little tete a tete. But, they all put on straight faces as Loki came walking by. Casually, and subtly, he glanced at Natasha out of the corner of his eye. She looked back, and could not resist a wink. Loki smirked before walking up the stairs of the dais. Hela was at the top, with a wolf standing beside her. The Avengers had never seen a wolf like it before. It was huge! At least three times the size of a St. Bernard, and it had black fur. Its green eyes looked pointedly at them for almost a minute, before it glanced away.

"And that is-?" Steve started to ask, before Thor cut him off.

"Fenris. Loki's first born son, and Hela's older brother. He was born in that form, cursed by Yggdrasil. He's been Hela's protector, and her lead general for centuries," Thor clarified, hoping he had covered all the nitty gritties in three sentences.

"Her protector, huh? From what?" Clint asked tentatively.

"Would be assassins, traitors, lovers who eventually get on her nerves," Thor said absentmindedly. Clint swallowed, but Natasha was the only one who heard. This made her raise her eyebrow, and she almost missed Loki's moment of triumph.

"I crown you, King of Nornheim, the Realm of Fate! May you rule long, and prosper!" Hela declared. The Avengers were surprised at the amount of clapping and cheering they heard.

"All hail the king!" they shouted. Natasha started the clapping for the Avengers, and she was followed by Clint, Steve, before the rest of them joined in. Loki sat on the throne, with the golden staff of Nornheim in his hand. He leaned back, taking a relaxed position, and his signature smirk spread across his face.

"Wouldn't be complete, if he didn't do that," Bruce remarked dryly. Natasha had to smile.

Yes. He wouldn't be the God of Mischief otherwise. Long live the king!