Kid Troubles

Loki was proud of himself. Even without his magic, he was still a force to be reckoned with. Let Karnilla and Amora come for him! Let the Avengers try to stop him! "I'll freeze them all!" Loki told himself as he walked down a darkened alley. The sun had set, and the night crawlers of the city were starting to appear. Of course, they gave Loki looks, and he simply smirked in return. He brushed several strands of his black hair behind his ear, and looked up at a sign. It was fluorescent, advertising a club and adult pleasures within. Loki snorted. There had been places like that on Asgard, and he and Thor had been challenged by Fandral to enter them. Thor would go in and drink, and the women would try to get him drunk enough to get him into a room. Loki remembered always standing in a corner, a mug in his hand, and at least three women around him. But, Loki was not the type to get wasted, and lose control of his most valuable weapon: his mind. Unlike Thor, Loki knew his drinking limits. But what was a mortal club like? Loki decided to check it out. He glanced over his shoulder, making sure that nobody suspicious was around him. As soon as he was sure, he disappeared into the darkness. However, somebody did see him. A camera, with a feed that was sent to Avengers Tower, and seen by Jarvis.

"Excuse me sir," said that voice of Tony's AI. The Avengers looked up and waited for him to speak. "But I have pegged Loki entering a shady establishment on Fox & Run Road. It's a club," Jarvis said. He showed them the footage, and they saw Loki disappearing into the alley right next store. Thor took his hammer and smiled.

"What are we waiting for?! An invitation? Let's go find him!" he said enthusiastically. Steve made a face when he saw the club and he shuddered a little.

"I'm not going to like this, am I?" he queried.

"Nope! But I'm going to get a kick out of it!" Tony said. Natasha raised her arm and they all looked at her.

"Shouldn't we send some people in under cover to scope the place and find Loki first, rather than bursting in, guns blazing?" she queried. Clint nudged her and grinned.

"You and me. We have the least recognizable faces of the group. We can go in," Clint said and he glanced over at the rest of the Avengers. "It's the best plan so far," he pointed out. Thor nodded before he looked back at the still image of his brother.

"Let's go get him!"

The swirling lights, the warm bodies, and the strong smell of alcohol, swam around Loki, threatening to stifle his keen senses. The smoke filled his nostrils, and Loki coughed. Nobody noticed him. Once he was inside, the liquor, the music, and the natural sexual attraction, made Loki invisible in the realm of adults. He huffed and wished he was back to his normal state. Soon. Very soon, he thought to himself. Suddenly, he was bumped from behind and he looked up. A tall girl, in platform shoes, and short dress, glanced down at him. She smiled and teetered. Loki knew she had a drink too many. Mortals have a low tolerance, he thought sarcastically.

"Aren't you a darling," she slurred. Her hand, covered in rings, and with super long (obviously fake) nails, touched his cheek. Loki brushed her hand away and glared slightly.

"I suggest you take yourself away. You'll soon be needing a privy," Loki told her roughly. She laughed and almost fell, but Loki supported her, long enough to get her to a booth. He pushed her down and brushed himself off like he had touched something contaminated. When he turned around, he saw a flash of red hair among the crowd. Loki was adverse to the color red. If he ever saw it, he was either injured, about to meet Mjolnir, or, get surprised by the Black Widow. Either way, he hated it. Loki ducked down, and slid beneath a booth table. Pulling his legs up to his chin, he kept an eye for a pair of shapely, leather clad legs.

"Where do you think the evil psycho is?" a voice asked and Loki restrained the urge to spit, as he recognized Clint Barton.

"Around here somewhere. He's not exactly the type that will stand out in a crowd anymore," Natasha said. Clint chuckled at her hinting to Loki's new found lack of height. Loki growled to himself and waited for them to get to close to his booth. With a wicked smirk on his face, Loki slowly stuck his foot out, and tripped Clint up. Clint let out a yelp and went head over heels. Loki pulled his leg back in and chuckled to himself. Natasha saw Clint on the floor, and her blue eyes began to scan the crowd. She knew Loki was too good to allow himself to stick out like a sore thumb. He would be hidden somewhere. Natasha looked down at the floor, and started to casually glance under tables. She dropped a bracelet, then kicked it. Loki looked down and saw a chain bracelet with little charms on it. His green eyes flicked up as he saw Natasha approaching. Loki pushed himself further under the table and slowly created a knife out of ice. If they were going to try to take him, he would stop them. Whether it was temporary or permanent, was up to them. Natasha arrived at his table and went down. In the darkness, she could not see anything. Suddenly, Natasha caught of glimpse of eyes like emeralds. Her hand went under, but when she drew it back out, it was savagely cut.

"Watch what you touch. Next time, you might not get your hand back," said a mischievous voice. Natasha hissed something in Russian and she brought out one of her laser arm guards. Loki saw the flash of blue lights, and he made ice appear on the floor. Natasha slipped up and that drew Clint's attention. He spun around, a gun in his hand. The people noticed and there were screams.

"Am I going to go out on a limb, and assume that that is our cue?" Tony asked, but Steve was not waiting for another reason. He burst in the front door.

"Loki! Come on out!" Thor ordered as he came in behind the super soldier. The people, when they heard the name of the man who had decimated New York, they screamed and fled. Loki popped out from underneath the table, and when he saw most of the Avengers (minus Bruce). He placed his elbows on the table, and rested his chin in his hand.

"Well, well, well! Isn't this amusing! You need to crack out almost the whole team, in order to apprehend a ten-year-old boy. Ha! I'm dying of laughter on the inside!" Loki declared in an amused tone of voice.

Amora looked up and she smirked. Running over to where Karnilla was still gazing into her mirror. "Karnilla! They are all together! They have found Loki!" Amora said. Karnilla nodded her head and waved her hand, bringing the mirror to life. She saw all of them standing there. She smiled as well, but hers was more subtle.

"From what I see before me stand, five grown souls from this mid land. Away from them, their years will fly, until they are too young to die," Karnilla said. Amora chanted something, and they both touched the mirror.

A wind whipped through the club, and everyone was knocked down. Loki hid under the table and his hands came up to cover his head. A blinding light, and he heard groans. "Damn it! Wait! Why do I sound like that?!" asked a hysterical and high pitched voice. Loki dared to look up and at first he saw nothing. Suddenly, a kid with sandy brown hair appeared, grabbing Loki's wrist. Loki jumped and it only took him a split second to realize that it was Clint Barton.

"You're coming with us!" he said, before he covered his mouth. Loki glanced about and saw the rest of the Avengers stand up as best they could. Now a ten-year-old, Tony was physically incapable of standing up in his armor. Loki started to chuckle as he yanked his arm out of Clint's hand.

"Ha! Ha! Ha! This is something! I think the Avengers have been nullified!" Loki said.