The Betrayer & the Betrayed

Hela had Amora and Karnilla locked up in separate cells, and the Avengers went down to talk to them. Natasha, Tony, Clint, and Loki in one room with Karnilla; and Steve, Bruce, and Thor in another with Amora. Thor said it was better that Loki and Amora not share the same space, since he had killed her Executioner and all. "What have you to gain by turning us into kids? I mean, besides the fact that's it's harder to kick your asses now," Tony queried of Karnilla. He had never met her before, but she knew who he was. She just smirked at him, her tongue lightly coating her lips. Loki growled something in Norse, and Natasha shushed him. Karnilla then focused her eyes on him, and he glared back. Natasha came in between them.

"What blood feud do you guys have?" she asked. Karnilla looked at Black Widow and chuckled slightly.

"What do I have against the God of Mischief? The most wanted man in the galaxy?" Karnilla queried back.

"Second most wanted man," Loki corrected and they all looked at him. "What? I happen to know a guy who is worth more than me," Loki said. Clint snickered and they all looked at him.

"Doesn't that irk you? To know that there is somebody else out there who is more valuable than you?" Clint asked sarcastically. Loki shrugged and snapped his fingers, and a piece of Scotch tape appeared over Barton's mouth.

"Eh. I'm not that egotistical," Loki said.

"Couff haff fooleth mef!" Clint said from under the tape. Loki's hand went up threateningly again, but Natasha lowered it. Karnilla saw the glance that went between them and she smirked.

"I won't tell you anything. You're wasting your time," Karnilla said and she closed her eyes, indicating that she was indeed done talking. They walked out of her cell, just in time to see Thor, Bruce, and Steve come out of theirs.

"Please tell me you got more out of her than we got out of ours," Tony begged. Thor shook his head and that was when they noticed that both Steve and Bruce were a wonderful shade of red. "Angry?"

"I think if Bruce was angry, he would be a shade of green," Loki pointed out. "She was making you uncomfortable, wasn't she?" Steve nodded before he made a blaw sound.

"That woman only seems to think along the lines of... of..." Steve tried to say before Thor cut him off.

"Sexual pleasure," he finished and that only made Steve blush more. Loki chuckled as he patted Steve's shoulder.

"Innocent," he muttered as he walked by. The Avengers looked after him before they too, followed him out of the dungeons.

Night time in Niffleheim was the most beautiful. The night sky was alive with shooting stars, constellations, and aurora borealis. The Avengers collected themselves in Natasha's room to watch the light show. "Where's Loki? Didn't somebody invite him?" Thor asked, and a couple of people snorted. Thor frowned.

"Sorry Point Break, but, the rest of us aren't as attached to him as you," Tony said. Natasha concentrated looking up at the sky at that moment. She felt a little heat on her skin, which belied the naturally cool air of the night. Clint saw her and his eyes narrowed.

"Where is Loki?" Natasha asked.

Karnilla heard the door to her cell open, and she raised her head. Her arms were constrained behind her with shackles that attacked her magic and made it impossible for her to use it. When the door closed she saw that it was Loki standing there. He gave her a smirk and cracked his knuckles. "Now, let's have that real conversation," he told her. Loki came up, his hand turning Frost Giant blue, and he stroked Karnilla's cheek with false affection. The contact burned her skin and she growled. Loki's hand made it down to her throat and he grabbed it. Karnilla whimpered as the Jotun acid branded her white skin. "Now Karnilla, what information couldn't you just pay the fee for?" Karnilla laughed and tried to bite Loki's fingers. His other hand grabbed her face, scarring her flesh with the mark of his fingers. "Answer me witch!" he cursed.

In her cell, Amora suddenly pushed a key out from underneath her tongue. It was an all-round skeleton key, perfect for every kind of lock. Bringing her legs up to her mouth, Amora unlocked them. Once her legs were free, she flipped up and put her feet against the wall. Her wrists were dislocated, but Amora was able to unlock them. She jumped down and put her wrists back to rights. She smirked as she went to the door, unlocked it, and stepped into the hallway. Two Devastators were guarding her, but she drove her flaming hands through their hearts. When she pulled them out, they fell dead. Amora chuckled as she turned to Karnilla's cell, and put the key in the lock.

Loki heard it turn, and knew he had been told not to be disturbed while he used his own methods of questioning on the woman. As he turned around, Karnilla lunged forward and sunk her teeth into his shoulder. "Bitch!" he shouted as he spun around, but Karnilla took a piece of him with her as he pulled away. Loki's hand clamped over the injury and his warm blood pooled to the surface. The door opened and Loki looked over his shoulder and that was when Amora back slapped him across the face. He fell backward and his head bounced off the stone floor. Amora planted one foot on his chest, and her hand gripped his throat.

"Careful with him, Amora. Remember, we can only get the information from a living mind," Karnilla reminded. Amora growled before she punched Loki in the face and knocked him unconscious. The two sorceresses looked at each other and then down at their prey. "Isn't he so innocent and beautiful when he's asleep?" Karnilla asked, kneeling down next to him and brushing a few strands of his black hair from his forehead. Amora snorted and folded her arms across her chest.

"Don't fall for it. I can tell you from personal experience, it's not worth it," Amora responded dryly as she picked him up. Karnilla chuckled as she used her magic to teleport them from the cells and back to her home on Nornheim.

Natasha finally decided to go invite Loki to join them. They had Karnilla and Amora in custody, so, he should celebrate a little. She figured he was in his room, so she went there first. When she reached the large doors and her hand went out to knock, she stopped herself. Why was she knocking on his door? Why was she inviting him into her room with the others? Natasha could not pinpoint it, but something Nostradamus had said about them being similar, made her realize that in a way, they were. They shared something that no one else could identify with. The knowledge that they had been used. Manipulated. Natasha had been used by the KGB for their purposes until Clint recruited her for SHIELD. Loki had been used by Odin in order to place him on the throne of Jotunheim. Natasha finally said, "Oh to hell with it!" and opened the door to his room. "Loki, we're all-" she started to say until she realized that the room was empty. The bed was made, a few books were lying around, as well as a folder on the desk. Natasha went over and saw the file was hers from SHIELD. A few pictures, list of injuries, skills, and close associates. Natasha was startled that he had her file on his desk, but that was when she also saw his file from SHIELD lying next to it. It said "Loki Laufeyson". Allegiance: None. Known Associates: None. Powers: Magic, Shapeshifting, Teleportation. Natasha skimmed the pages and saw a few pictures that had been taken while he was in SHIELD custody. That smirk of his. She frowned, before she saw a portrait of him as a child. Thor must have provided it. He looked happy, a book in one hand, and a snake he had created out of magic in the other. Natasha heard the sound of somebody approaching and she quickly closed Loki's file. The door burst open and she saw Hela with Vlad right behind her.

"Where's my Dad?" she asked quickly. Natasha shook her head, surprised Hela was not asking her what she was doing in his room.

"I haven't seen him. I was just coming to invite to sit with me and the rest of the Avengers to watch the lights," Natasha said. Hela's eyes narrowed as Vlad whispered in her ear. "Did something happen?" Natasha continued. Hela looked back at Natasha, a serious expression on her face.

"Dad is missing."