22.

...Stefanie?

Seriously, tell me this is not happening.

For a minute, I stopped breathing. I stifled the surprise and shock rising within me. Placing my hands on my chest, I could sense my heart beating wildly. One of these days, I might even get an attack. I went closer to her to make sure if, indeed it was Stefanie.

Our captor had placed her against the opposite wall, her hands resting on her sides. Stefanie was wearing a champagne coloured body con dress that hugged her slim body and went till her knees. Her chestnut coloured hair hung about her face, a few strands hiding her closed eyes. She  had soft features-round eyes, full lips and a petite body. Seeing her, one would outright decide she was incapable of harming or bullying someone. I could faintly smell alcohol on her. Had she been to a party or something?

Thankfully, she was breathing. She seemed to be heavily sedated and let out occasional groans of protest. I wanted to wake her, but I remembered reading somewhere that it's not ideal to wake up someone while they are under the effect of drugs. Anyway, what could we do even if she is awake? Hold each other's hands and scream "Fuck you!" to the man who caused all of this shit. Nevertheless, hope shimmered in me at the sight of another human being who will share this place with me.

"Stefanie..." I murmured uneasily. This was the last thing I had expected to happen. Her beautiful dress was rumpled and her eyeliner was smudged, probably due to tears. I couldn't imagine her crying. She always seemed so..strong. Even at school, with her gang, she was careful not to show any vulnerability. Yes, she bullied and harassed me. But she was careful enough to get good grades and be in the best books of her teachers. Everyone admired and envied her for being "perfect". Sometimes, I did too.
______________________________________________________
Dear Clara,
You won't believe this. Stefanie is here with me in "Hell Cottage". Yes, The Stefanie, queen of Hypocritical Bullies, as you called her is with me. I know what you are thinking, "Out of all the people in this world, Stefanie?! We hate her!" Or at least you did. Seems like God wants me to have fun with my bully. Maybe I shouldn't call her that. Maybe she has changed. Some part of me feels bad for her, I guess.

What puzzles me most is that why did he choose to keep us together in the same room. I am sure the cottage has other rooms. He is not a fool. He must know that keeping two captives in the same room could lead to a higher chance of escape. Did he think, that eventually, we would kill each other?

             I wonder how she was kidnapped. Like how he kidnapped me? I hope she wakes up soon.

It has been a long time since I have talked to anyone. And some part of me is actually happy to see her. Still, what should we talk about? Home? School? The possibility of getting murdered? I don't know. What I do know is that I have to try and make friends with her-
______________________________________________________
"Fuck. Fuck. Fuck."

On hearing her voice, which was more like a scream, I looked up and saw a dishevelled Stefanie gaping at me in horror. I shut the diary abruptly and placed it behind me.

"Where in the fuck am I and who the fuck are-". Her amber eyes widened with recognition.

"Melinda?"
                                    **************************
Author's Note:
               Mmm..Stefanie? This is going to get interesting.
             Please Vote and Comment! ❤️
P.S: Tell me your favourite movie or series..
Mine : Inception, Inside Out, Soul, Undoing ( Series)