8.

"What are you looking at ?"

"Nothing. Let's go in." I replied to Chris.

We were standing before my house. The house had belonged to my grandmother once. You could smell the scent of old paper and peeling paint as soon as you enter the living room. All the rooms overflowed with shelves full of ancient books . We went inside and I sat on the couch, exhausted. Chris went to the kitchen to make the pancakes I had asked him to.

After about thirty minutes, he came with a plate loaded with pancakes and maple syrup. He sat beside me on the couch. I was starving. I plunged into the delicious looking pancakes .Trust me, he is a great cook.

"Woah tiger, go slow." Chris said with a chuckle.

"What? These are so good." I replied, my eyes closed in ecstasy. "And for God 's sake, stop staring at me."

"You cannot deny people their pleasure." Chris said, his emerald eyes twinkling with mischief.

Seriously?! I ignored him and continued to eat. "You have maple syrup below your lips."

I touched my chin, but I couldn't find any trace of the said substance.
"Where?"

         He did not reply, instead he traced his fingers along my chin. I felt a strange tingling where his fingers touched my skin.

          Without warning, he leaned in and kissed me.

For a moment, I was too surprised to react. But then, I eased into his soft yet firm lips. It was an indescribable feeling, when his lips met mine. It was like two waves meeting at sea, colliding in their own way and becoming one with each other. I closed my eyes, simply taking in the strange emotions swirling within me. It felt like an eternity before we broke apart. The piece of pancake in my hand, had fallen to the floor, forgotten.

He was still gazing at me. It was my first kiss.
______________________________________________________________
Dear Clara,
So much has happened since I last wrote to you. Mom got a promotion. She is now the manager of the freaking cafe! Isn't that wonderful ! She was literally bursting with joy when she told me yesterday. Old Mr.Brown wanted to retire, so they decided mom was the next best person who could handle such a responsibility .

I am officially a school dropout , not that I am proud of it. As surprising as it sounds, I actually miss that crazy place. Megan calls me once in a while. All those memories with you there makes me cry sometimes. I cannot sleep at night. Memories replay in my mind over and over again like a tape recorder gone faulty. Mom says it is because of the disease. I don't think so.

I know you don't want to hear this. But I have no one else to tell it to. So, here it goes: Chris kissed me. It wasn't perfect since I was eating pancakes, still it felt so real and so full of..you know love. Love is a big word, sure, yet it feels so simple when I think of Chris and me together.

And there is something else I really want to tell you. I just can't put it into words. It brings back all the pain and anger I have managed to suppress so far. I hate keeping secrets from you, but I need time to tell you this. Also I can understand now, why you despised Mr Richard.

With love,
Mel.
******************************************************
Author's Note:
Leave your thoughts in the comments and don't forget to vote.❤️