6.

Dear Clara,
Despite knowing almost everything about you, I am clueless as to how you would react to this. But, um...Chris kind of proposed to me. Can you believe that?! I imagine you screaming and crying, as you always do when you are excited about something. It feels a bit awkward dating your best friend 's brother, though. I have known him all my life, yet it feels so strange when his hands meet mine. Mom is ecstatic about us. She is all over him when he comes home and binge watches Game of Thrones with him.

Now that the divorce process is over, Mom seems a lot happier. She has even started baking those amazing chocolate cookies she used to make when we were small. I have one more week of school. And then I can just stay at home in the comfort of my room. There are still some more formalities to complete with the Counselor .

             I am writing this in our classroom. In our place. I have our diary with me wherever I go. Stefanie has avoided me ever since I slapped her . Megan sits beside me in most classes. It is far better than sitting alone.

I had Miss Helen last hour, and boy, she made me sleepy. Who wants to learn Calculus anyway? I don't even understand the purpose of it. Mr Richard has entered the class, got to go. I wonder why you hated  him, though?
Love,
Mel.
_____________________________________________________________
"Miss Sanders, are you paying attention?" Mr Richard 's voice echoed through the large classroom. I was sitting at the last row to avoid anyone seeing my diary. I looked up, hearing his loud voice resounding through the room.

"Uh..Yes, sir " I managed to murmur a response through my daydreams. I was thinking about Chris. He had promised to take me out for dinner that evening.

"Meet me after today's class."

"Yes, sir." Stefanie and a few others turned back to glare at me. He usually did not ask students to stay back. His handsome looks had got him many fans but I wasn't one of them. Still, it was pretty strange that he showed a lot of attention towards me.

     As soon as the final bell rang, everyone packed up their bags in a hurry and rushed out of the classroom. I could see the smiles on many faces, probably  wondering what they would do this weekend. Megan waved a quick goodbye and left. Mr Richard sat at his mahogany table evaluating the assignment papers we had submitted last week.

             "Miss Sanders, sit down." his voice was unnaturally harsh. He set the papers aside and stood up. Now that I was sitting closer to him, I could notice how tall and strong he was. His blue eyes were glaring at mine with a strange intensity and emotion I couldn't quite put my finger on. He walked towards me, his gaze sweeping through the corridor outside. I followed his gaze. There was no one outside. He folded his sleeves, and came in front of me.

         Suddenly, I became aware of how near he was to me and how quiet the whole school had become. Almost everyone had left. I was getting nervous and beads of sweat had started to form on my forehead.

            Nobody would hear even if I screamed.
             "Sir...I have to go." My voice came out in a whisper. He didn't seem to have heard it. All I could see was the evil glint in his eyes.

              I could faintly smell his cologne, a strange mixture of mint and lemon. He was unbearably close to me now, his hands almost grazing mine. My hands had started to tremble, and my legs became stiff with pain. I tried to stand up and put some distance between us, but I simply couldn't. My muscles were completely frozen.

                            *****************************************
Author 's note:
                    If you liked this chapter, do vote and comment. ❤️