𝘛𝘞𝘌𝘕𝘛𝘠-𝘚𝘐𝘟.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

When Charlie and Leo finally had their conversation, it commenced with a fair amount of yelling. That yelling then transitioned into screaming, which then turned into sobbing, and ended with a quiet finale of gentle whispers.

Charlie thought she had a fair idea of why Leo was so harsh about her lifestyle, and realized she was completely wrong. Leo was so sure he knew exactly how to solve someone else's deep rooted problems, and found out it was not his issue to solve.

In the present, Charlie was bundled in her bed. wrapped tightly in her boyfriend's arms, her thoughts way louder than the gentle hum of a Cobra Kai episode on the television in from of them.

"I know it's not my job now, Charlie. I know that now. But we're family, and as much as we hate it, I am going to stick to you like a booger, because I love you that much."

Charle wrestled her older brother into a bear hug, neither knowing who was really squeezing harder, but both understanding that this hug meant a new step for the both of them.

"I love you more than you know, Leo. Even when we don't really get one another, you are the one person I know I have."

"You look like you're thinking very deeply right now, and I know you can't think of anymore mohawk insults, so it has to be something else." Jacob murmured as he lightly pushed a few strand of hair away from her cheek to place a small kiss.

Charlie let out a girlish giggle as she turned her body towards him, wrapping her free leg around his torso and lightly tapping her nose against his.

"Just thinking about Leo," she mumbled as Jacob gave a small nod of understanding. "I'm happy we sorted things out, you know? It's never a good feeling when you can't talk to the people you love."

"Makes sense why I can't go more than twenty minutes without calling you then." Jacob joked as his fingers tickled up and down her arms. Charlie scooted even closer to him, as if an inch was too far away from him.

"Yeah, I really fucking love it when you answer the phone in that mohawk. It makes me super horny." Charlie lilted sarcastically as Jacob flipped away from her, ignoring Charlie trying to pull her boyfriend back to her.

Jacob let out a sigh as he caved, knowing that the moment he turned back to Charlie that she would kiss his nose.

Which she did.

"It's not that I hate the mohawk," Charlie moaned. "It just, I don't know. It doesn't look like you, like my Duck. I like when I get to kiss Jacob, and not Hawk."

Jacob didn't know why, but his heart swelled at her words. Maybe it was the way she said "my", or the fact that she genuinely wanted to kiss him, but this unexplainable feeling stared in his toes and made its way all the way up to his head, almost begging him to pull her in to him.

Jacob's hand lightly cupped Charlie's chin as he tugged her lips to his. Her lips never tasted like anything specific, but it felt like fucking heroin going through his veins. Something about the thought of, 'her lips are on mine and she's kissing me and i'm kissing her and i'm thinking so much'  just made him crumble like marble.