𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘙𝘛𝘠-𝘛𝘏𝘙𝘌𝘌.

◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Getting Ajay to cave on taking her shift took a good 50 minutes, a lot of begging, and a promise that Fallon would deliver him a painting of Grogu from The Mandalorian in a maximum of five days.

When he had succumbed to her begging, Charlie grabbed all of her things and bolted out of the shop and into the passenger seat of Jacob's car.

"Hey, stranger." He murmured as she pressed a kiss to his cheek.

"Good day, Duck." She smiled at him as he shifted gears, and began to drive towards set.

"So, what was the catch with Ajay? Don't tell me, is he forcing you to go to ComicCon? Because I thought you might want to come with me for the Coba Kai panel." Jacob babbled as Charlie ran a finger lightly over his knuckles.

"Jacob, no reason to worry. Fallon's making him a painting of Grogu drinking a cappuccino, so I think he'll be more than satisfied."

Jacob's eyebrows raised. "Did you consult Fallon on this?"

Charlie gave him a sheepish shrug as her knee wobbled, a sign that she was a bit nervous.

"Okay, well," Jacob started. "I will defend your honor when she tries to kill you later. Remember when I asked her to paint us as Han and Leia?"

Charlie felt a laugh bubble in her chest. A month earlier, Jacob decided that their relationship mirrored her favorite fictional one, and asked Fallon, a amateur painter if she could paint them a hilarious portrait.

Fallon threw a caramel apple at his head in response.

"So, what's the reason I'm coming to set today?" Charlie questioned. Jacob's face burned fuchsia, a sign that he was hiding something. She'd been trying to figure out why he had been so secretive for days, but found he was quite a tough nut to crack.

"Because.... because... my hair is finally going to be a different color?" His sentence ended in question.

Charlie raised her eyebrows and gave him a nonchalant nod. "Yeah, makes sense, makes sense. Hope they make it super fucking green." She said, knowing it was his least favorite color.

Jacob's nose wrinkled. "My head would look like the Hulk shat on it if they did that. Hawk would never go green."

Laughter erupted from both of them, filling the car as they zipped down the road. Charlie didn't even realize it until they started nearing the gravel pathway leading up to set, but her eyes hadn't left his face the entire drive; she was, simply speaking, hooked.

They quickly left Jacob's car, with him walking around the other side to lace his fingers with hers. He quietly lead Charlie forward, ignoring Charlie asking him every two seconds, "are we there yet?"

Being on set was always interesting to her, as most of it was made up of trailers and random props organized in lines, housing the actors, writers, directors and staffers.

"PIERCE!" Xolo's voice echoed across the set as he walked towards them, wearing a black-and-white gi. His hair had clearly just been styled, a dazzling smile painting his face as he approached them. Running after him was Fallon, who gave Charlie a wave and skipped up to pull her into a tight squeeze. She was wearing a gi similar to Xolo's, and her braided hair was twisted into a beautiful intricate bun atop her head.