Eighteen.

I'll be honest.
The first thing that got me interested in marrying Zahhar was the image of me spending money till I got tired.

But after getting married to him I realized something and that got me thinking differently.

Zahhar never loved me.
I noticed it since our first night and at first I was angry and thought I'd push him until he admits it. But that man is so stubborn, instead of him to admit it he showed me. He indirectly threatened me.

That made me scared. Not of him but scared he'd get tired of me and walk out.
Now thinking about it I knew he never had any interest in me at all, since the first day we met.

It was clearer than the light of day.
He didn't seem even slightly interested in anything about me. When I wanted to talk about myself or know more about him he was more interested in getting married. I'm still not sure why but things are starting to make sense and at the same time seriously confusing.

I fell in-love with him because I knew he wasn't being sincere about his feelings. Yes it's twisted and I still don't know why and how I let that happen.

:

Fadil's  POV.

I stir around in bed.
I could hear footsteps.
She's trying to sneak out.

I quickly get out of bed and run out. I see her half way there, holding her veil, bag and shoes in her hand.
She looks at me startled and bolts.
I quickly follow her down almost tripping but grab her by her blouse and pull her and throw her aside, making her hit her back on the couch.

She grunts and huffs in pain.
I stand shocked by my actions.
I didn't even know when I threw her.

I huff "Where are you going?"
"To my parent's house" she says looking frightened and she kept moving farther away from me.

"Why? Why do you have to make things so difficult?"
"Who caused this? You got us here".

I raise my eyebrows "Did I? Or was it your darling Zahhar?"

"There you go again with blaming me for your failure and lack of confidence".
"Failure? Lack of confidence?"

She nods as she struggles to get on her feet.
I move forward to help her but she raises her hand, shaking "Keep your distance" she scoffs "Did Zahhar and I stop you from confessing back then? I met you weeks before I even knew he existed but you never confessed. Even when he and I were dating you were always by the side watching like a creep and immediately things got complicated you took the cheap way out like a coward so how the hell do you expect me to see you as a man! That thing in-between your legs doesn't make you a man, it's your behavior and resilience. It's how much you fight and protect the things that matter to you but you, you're weak".

I huff.
"So forgive me if I don't care about your so called struggles" She says sarcastically.

"But he's married now Kauthar, why do you still have hope?"
"Because last time I checked a Muslim man can marry up to four wives".

"But he'll never choose you, that was why he married someone else and not you".

She laughs hysterically "And that's why I'll never ever love you. You can try to lock me up or even torture me but I'll never have feelings for you Fadil, it's better you get that in your thick skull" she scoffs "Unless if you plan to throw me around again of course"
She picks up her bag and walks back in.

Even when he's not here he makes life so difficult.

:

Saffiyya's POV.

"Hell no!" Humaira laughs.
She came to see me and honestly seeing her here has made me feel a lot better.

"So? What color are you going to make it?"
Soooo good news, she's getting married in 4months! And yes I'm so excited.

"Mama says forest green but it doesn't go with my skin color, I need better colors".
"With your skin Emerald would be better".

She nods "I know maybe I can convince her to let me go with the emerald".
"Yeah".

I look around "Should I get you anything?"
"I'm fasting don't worry about that, why don't you tell me what's going on with you and Zahhar?"

I smile sadly.
"It's been weird, like really weird".
She looks at me confused "What do you mean?"

"I'm not sure yet but I'll fill you in when I'm sure of everything"
She looks at me worriedly "What do you mean? What's happening?"

I smile "It's nothing too serious, you know how curious I get and I found out he lied about his father's death".

"I won't force you to say anything but I hope you will eventually".

I nod.

:

Seeing Fadil at my store was the last thing I expected.
I don't really know him and I know for a fact that his wife has feelings for my husband. Mine.

"At this rate you'll be opening up in no time" he says smiling widely.
I nod looking around "Yes. I hope you'll be here for the opening?"

"Of course. We'll both be here"
"I'm glad".

He looks around nervously, obviously trying to say something.
I smile reassuringly "So what really brought you here? Because I know it can't be that Zahhar wasn't at work or he didn't pick your call. So tell me".

He huffs "Zahhar—Did he ever tell you about his dad?"
That got me thinking. Obviously he is here to divulge information Zahhar wants to keep veiled but I'm also very curious.

I just nod "He did".
"Did he also tell you his father was bipolar up until the moment he died, in an asylum?"

I froze.
Shocked.
"What? An asylum? Bipolar?"

He nods "Hasn't he been acting odd? Sleep walking, mood swings, hallucinations and the rest?"
"So?" I ask starting to get defensive.

He shakes his head "Are you in denial?"
I look at him offended "What?"
"I don't even understand what you're trying to get at".

"Saffiyya, Zahhar is bipolar".

: