Twenty.

I look at my watch.
Fadil knows me all too well and I think he had a wrong impression of my wife, even I had a wrong impression about her and I'll admit I was wrong.

Abdulqadir opens my office door smiling from ear to ear "He's here, Ya shigo (Should he enter)?" He asks.
I nod.

Fadil walks in before Abdulqadir follows behind him and locks the door.
Fadil looks back and forth between Abdulqadir and I.

I swivel on the chair with a smirk plastered on my face.
"When you and I went our different ways 7years ago I told you I'd do my very best to create The Empire my father couldn't. At least make it impenetrable and I think I successfully did that".

"Yes but with the wrong means".
"Haven't you ever heard the saying?"

He looks at me nervous but answers bravely "What saying?"
I nod "Abdul tell him the saying".

"The hands never get dirty with gloves on" he whispers jokingly.
I smile "Do you believe that? The hands never get dirty with gloves on?"

He looks at me intently, almost like he's trying to figure me out.
"Why would you care if she knows the truth?"

I shake my head "That wasn't what I asked, was it?"
He stares.
"I'm sorry, I was being stupid and impulsive".
I nod "I understand and more than anyone you know I get you" My smile vanishes "But what you did is just unacceptable".

I stand and walk over to him "I left Kauthar because I thought I wasn't the best for her. Before she and I could take a breath you went behind our backs and then sold me out. Telling her father my condition, it didn't mean anything to me honestly because whatever it was I knew if I told her to run with me she would but I loved her too much to do that to her".

He looks at me surprised "Loved?"
"I have no reason to still be interested in another's wife" I smile tapping his shoulder "Now back to the issue with my wife. Honestly I was surprised by her reaction. She seemed calm and listened attentively".

"Same. I was expecting her to get all crazy".
I look at him, calling my wife 'crazy' wasn't something I wanted to hear. He smiles "Get hysterical" he corrects.

"I think I ran from nothing. I left the woman I loved and looked for someone who'd be too busy spending money to pay me any attention but instead got someone who starts caring and I can't deny the fact that I find it intriguing and in a way sexy".

He nods "Not every woman is cool about her husband being bipolar".
I freeze.
She knows?

Abdulqadir looks at me perplexed "You told her?" He asks.
Fadil looked baffled "She didn't confront you?"

I sit back on my chair.
Why didn't she confront me?
Was she waiting for something?

:

I come out of the car and lean on it staring at my house.
I wanted to understand what was really happening before getting in.

The front door opens, Mutassim walks over hurriedly.
"Where is he now?" He asks.
"I don't know, I don't really care at the moment" I say absentmindedly.

"Where is she?" I ask.
"Kitchen, she says the maid took the day off and you'd be coming home soon, she's making you dinner".

I huff and bury my head in my palms "What is she planning?"
He nudges me "Can't you just see it as being aware of the situation? Maybe she doesn't want to offend you? Or maybe she's scared you'd react poorly. Maybe because she's worried maybe you'd feel bad about it. Can't you just see it as caring for you?"

I huff "That's what I'm avoiding. I got married to her in the first place because I didn't want to hurt Kauthar and now she's changed and I'm hurting her instead. I feel like a contemptible loser Wallahi".

"Just calm down and talk to her".
"Thanks for checking up on her".

He smiles "Go eat. You're starting to look malnourished".
"You too".

He taps me on the back "Don't eat too much".
"I thought I look malnourished?"
"At least leave some for her" He says walking away.

:

Saffiyya and I are on our way to the mall for her store's opening. I notice things quickly but I didn't notice how much she changed.
She was someone who cared about her looks more than anything else but I never realized almost about 50% of that is gone now.

When she came out my mouth dropped and I kept complimenting her, that was when I realized that was about the same way she dressed when I was courting her.

It's not like she doesn't look good or spend money to look good anymore but when she's home she dresses very casually and she doesn't go all out just because she's going to a friend's house.

She changed and I never noticed.

"So? How excited are you?" I ask.
She looked so nervous and worried.
"I'm nervous".

"Don't worry, everyone will be there. Your parents, sisters and most especially I'll be by your side".
She looks at me a bit surprised but smiles anyway.
"I'm feeling better already".

I nod "That's perfect".
Her phone starts ringing, she picks it up.

Hello Lara?

Yes.

I'm on my way.

Teal.

I think it would look better with nude.

If you say so.

No.

Alright I'll check it out.

Send it to me.

Fine.

I'll be there soon.

Yes.

Bye.

She smiles "I really hope it goes well".
"I do too" I take a deep breath "What time is it ending?"

"By 4pm. I don't want to inconvenience our guests" she frowns "You have a rendezvous?"
"Yes".

"Oh" she says simply.
"Aren't you going to ask who I'm meeting with?"
She looks at me suspiciously "Who?"

"Well I'm planning to take my wife out for a dinner date to celebrate the opening of her store".
Her mouth drops open "I feel like it's a stratagem, is it?"

"We'll see".
She blushes.

At least she's not as nervous anymore.

:
:
: