Thirty.

So, I'll be releasing the last chapter of *Deception* next week. I'll admit I know I will miss writing it but I hope you all have enjoyed it so far.

"I'm not going anywhere today, I'm exhausted" Saffiyya says as she flops next to me on the couch.

I laugh "You deserve it, you should".
"If it was Abdulqadir I wouldn't lift a finger".

I smile "Just give him time"
"I think he has already made up his mind about me".

I laugh.
My phone starts ringing and I pick it up.

Hello, Zahhar?

Yes? Who am I speaking to?

It's Fatima.

Fatima? From?

Khairat's younger sister? I came with my sister on Friday evening.

Oh. But I gave my number to your sister, why are you calling me with your number instead? You could have just called with hers.

Saffiyya immediately sits up, glaring at me suspiciously.
It was one of the girls who came on Friday.
Apparently her name is Fatima and her sister Zainab.

Well she's a bit busy now.

Okay why did you call?

You seemed a bit out of it when we came by so I called to make sure you are fine.

Thank you but I'm okay, I was just a bit stressed from work.

I see.

Fatima maybe we can talk another time, I'm busy right now.

Okay then, goodbye.

I huff.
And continue typing on my phone.
"I forgot to tell you—" I trail off when I see Saffiyya still glaring at me.
"What now?" I ask rolling my eyes.

"Who is Fatima? Zainab too"
I laugh.
"Are you serious?"

"Yeah"
"They're Khairat's  younger sisters"

She raises her eyes confused "The same ones that were admiring you that day they came?"
"Not sure, I didn't look at their face that day".

"Why do they have your number?"
"They came to see you, I told you fah. I didn't know your number off hand so they asked for mine instead"

She huffs.
"So you committed two offenses"
"What?" I gasp.

"First you don't know my number and secondly you gave them yours".

"Ah so not having your wife's number is an offense, no wonder they were giggling" I put my arms around her "I'm sorry baby, I'll memorize it one day".

She laughs "Why did she call?"
"Apparently I seemed off when they came over so she called to see how I was doing".

She scoffs "You can't see what they're doing?"
I shake my head.

She rubs my head gently "I feel so bad for you baby, you didn't even see what they were doing"
"And what was it they were doing?"

"They were flirting babe. They intentionally asked for yours instead, they could have asked for my number from their sister. We talk all the time regarding the wedding you know. And she called to start a relationship between you two"

"That's far fetched"
"So why would she get your number from her sister's phone when she could have called with the phone instead"

He makes an "O" with his mouth.
"That's what happens when you've only dated 2 girls after three decades.

"Let me be"
"Cute" she says holding me tightly "So cute"

::

Fadil texted me to come see him about something urgent.
I know it's Fadil but whatever he did is in the past, I'm in a better place now.

"I'm sorry for calling out of nowhere"
"Fadil what do you want?"

He huffs "I was hoping maybe you'd talk to Kauthar"
I laugh, hysterically.

"You need me to talk to your wife? What did you think would happen after you did that?"

"I just need this last favor"
I shake my head "Fadil don't involve me in your drama, as you know I have my own problems to deal with"

"Do you? You seem different and happy"
"Yes, I try to be"

"Please, I'll never ask for it again. I just want it to be clear to her".

I enter her living room.
She was seated on the carpet using her phone.

"What are you doing?"
She raises her head and smiles.

"You know it's all your fault, right?"
I shake my head "I don't think for Fadil, do I?"

She smiles "It'll be better if I blame you"
"Not for me, not when you'll keep cursing me secretly"

She scoffs "Curse you? I can't do that"
I sit next to her "Let go off the past"

She smiles "Because you've moved on and I haven't?"
"No, because that's the only way you'll be happy. I want you to be".

"Maybe when you've taken me away from this place because I will never ever love Fadil and I wish he'd understand that fact but he's so stubborn"

After talking to her I walk out and find him by the kitchen door.
He stands abruptly when he sees me "Stop calling me for unnecessary things Fadil"

He scoffs "Now because you're happy with someone else you're calling her irrelevant"
"No, the situation is irrelevant. She has already made up her mind about you and I wish you'd understand that" I walk away.

::

Saffiyya's POV.

Abubakr paid me a surprise visit today and I'm more than excited.

"It's been a while cousin" he says lying down on the couch.
"What do you want now?"

He laughs "I can't believe you matured over night. It's a miracle but I can see it now"

I smile "It's love"
He laughs "That sounds so cringy coming from you"
"Maybe"

"Wait—who told you about it?"
He raises his eyebrows "What?"
"Who told you I matured?"

He smiles "It could have been Laura, Humaira so why would it surprise you"

"Ah that's true"
"Anyway Abdulqadir told me"

I gasp "You know Abdul? How?"
"You don't remember him?"

"I know him?"
He laughs "You don't remember the guy I picked you up with at the airport, the one who visited you but received insults instead"

I gasp.
I could feel my stomach churn.

"That's why he hates me"
"I would too, he doesn't believe there's anyway you'd be willing to stay with Zahhar unless you're after his wealth, do you blame him?"

I shake my head "I keep suffering for my past mistakes. It wasn't even—" I trail off remembering how rude I was to an innocent soul.

"I'm doomed, he'll never trust me"

::