Twenty-Four.

I take a selfie.
But today just isn't my day.

I finally convinced Zahhar to come to the cinema with me. He went to get the tickets, popcorn and our drinks.

You might think he might not be able to carry everything himself but I offered and he declined, he said there were more men in the queue than women and he felt uncomfortable for me to be there.

I'm not sure how he intends to carry everything.
I take another selfie but it turns out worse than the previous ones.

"Should I help you take the picture?"
I raise my head and see a dark handsome guy smiling at me.

"No it's fine, I can manage".
He smiles "I insist, it seems they're not coming out the way you want them to. And looking this good, they should".

"I know but it's fine".
"I know it'll keep bothering me if I don't".

"I'll just ask my husband to take them when he's back"
He makes an 'O' with his mouth.

"You're married?"
I nod.
"I'm so sorry, I didn't know. My apologies".

I smile "it's fine but thanks for offering to take them anyway"
"Bye" he walks away embarrassed.

I giggle.
"Let's go"

I raise my head and look at Zahhar, he looked pissed with only one bucket of popcorn and nothing else.
"The popcorn is finished?"
"No" he says walking away.

I pick up my bag and follow behind him trying to keep up with his long, fast strides.

"You didn't get the movies you wanted?"
I ask increasing my pace so I can keep up.

He doesn't say anything.
"Did you fight with someone?"

He halts and looks at me, offended "Fight? I didn't fight with anyone" he continues walking. I stay quiet and just follow behind.

::

I stare at him.
We are sitting down in the parlor in his bedroom. He's working on his laptop.

He barely said five words since we got back.
After taking my bath I decided to join him but he hasn't said a word to me and it's been over an hour.

"Zahhar?"
"Hmm?"

"Should I make you a cup of tea? It's kinda cold, it's gonna be a cool night".
"No"

"You sure?"
"Hmm"

I huff frustratedly before walking over and sitting beside him. I wanted to collect the laptop to get his attention but the last time I tried that things didn't end happily.
"Tell me, what happened?"

He looks at me "So you don't know?"
"Did I do something wrong?"

He stares at me "No I'm angry because I did something wrong" he says sarcastically.
I huff "Well I know I didn't do anything" I fold my arms.

He scoffs "Flirting isn't anything wrong?"
"What?"

"I saw you smiling and flirting with that guy earlier, you're married Saffiyya you can't just go around smiling and flirting with any guy that approaches you. Have some class".

I start laughing, he kept looking at me irritated. "I wasn't flirting, he offered to take pictures and I told him I was married".

He looks at me "I don't believe you"
"I'm being honest. Why would I flirt with him when I'm married to you? He doesn't compare, at all"

He just stares at me "Next time just leave"
I smile "Before they even think about it".

He smiles widely "Let's go sleep, I'm tired".
I nod.