Chapter 5

Sirius kept his promise, much to the healer's displeasure, and visited Harry every day. It wasn't always for long, and sometimes Remus joined him. Given they had been apart for almost 13 years you would think they would be a little out of touch with each other, as though they were starting again, but they managed to slip back into the same routine they were in before everything had fallen apart so easily it seemed as though they had never left it.

Sirius had even brought Harry a large dog plush, he had left it there, in truth nobody knew when Harry would wake up, so it wouldn't be easy for Sirius to keep his promise. He figured that even if he was a little late, Harry would feel better if he had the dog plush at least.

Even though he was asleep, Harry immediately wrapped his arms around the dog plush, pulling it close and hiding his face in it. It was so cute that Sirius thought he might make a very uncool sound in response. It was definitely a good idea.

-----

"How are his burns?" Remus asked as he and Sirius walked the halls of St Mungo's to Harry's room. Not all of the rooms on this ward had healers in them all the time, long term patients often not having many needs to attend to throughout the day, and if they did there was an easy way to contact a healer if they needed help. Sirius was still unhappy about the lack of safety by Harry's room, he was, unfortunately, a celebrity and had enemies and people obsessing over him who had never even met him. In his unconscious, vulnerable state, he would be able to do nothing to defend himself from whatever they did.

"They're healing slowly. The flames he caused were apparently only barely easier to heal than those of feind fyre. He's a very powerful wizard." Sirius said, with a said pride.

"That's good, I hope it doesn't take too long for him to get better, I want him to get home. I hope he likes his room, Hedwig seems to." Remus said, trying to make the situation brighter.

"Be quiet, we're not supposed to be here. He gets visits everyday from Sirius, he could come at any time." A voice hissed quietly from inside Harry's room.

Remus and Sirius looked at each other, feeling scared, Remus feeling as all the blood in his arms, hands, and legs were pulling back into his core. Both raised their wands, standing either side of the door, bags being placed gently on the floor as to not alert the people in the room.

"Reveal yourself!" Sirius demanded, storming into the room, his wand raised, searching in the hopes to, at the very least, see something move.

"We're not here to hurt Harry. I'm Luke, this is Dudley, Harry's cousin. He just wanted to know Harry was alive so he didn't feel like his death was his fault." Luke explained, the two teens becoming visible with a quiet pop.

"So you're one of the bastards that hurt Harry when he was unable to use magic? You think you have the right to see Harry like this!?" Sirius demanded, seeing red. He had been treated in a way not so different from Harry's, except his younger brother, while their parents' favourite child, had always helped him to patch up after their parents hurt him.

"Hey! I respect you, I also ran away from my abusive pureblood family, but Dudley was just as badly affected by his parents." Luke snapped back, he knew Sirius didn't know the whole situation, he knew what some Pureblood families are like, but Dudley was more than slightly affected by his parents, and Sirius was acting like that wasn't the case.

"Sirius, they're 13, just like Harry. We should have a calm conversation, we don't want Harry to get hurt more." Remus said, resting a hand on Sirius' shoulder, using his own wand to draw up a few chairs, but still making sure that he and Sirius were between the two boys and Harry.