Chapter 19

The night was dark, and the streetlights had been broken for years. The only light flooding the street were from the run down buildings. No respectable people lived here. The air was so polluted even the moon was blocked out.

Three people used that to their advantage, all clad in grey and black. One had long, brown hair, with a face covered with a mask tied behind their neck to the top of their head. She had loose fitting black clothes. Another had a black top hat and tailcoat over a grey shirt and trousers, they had a black neck warmer pulled up over the bottom of his face. The last was wearing a black hoodie with grey patterns that looked like frost, he was also wearing black, tight trousers and a black surgical mask.

"This the place?" The one with the top hat asked, a small, black dragonesque lizard returned to the woman's arm.

"The one to the right, 4 guards on the way to the kids, 20 on the way to the seller and buyer. We need to be quick if we want to catch both." She relayed the information she got from her lizard.

"Fairy, can you get the kids yourself? I don't want you overworking yourself again." The one who looked like he was covered in frost asked, turning to the woman.

"Can do. I'll use Skyla to keep contact with you." She raised her arm on which the lizard sat. "Try not to make this last too long."

"Any information on their quirks?" The one with the top hat asked.

"2 mutation quirks, at least one strength quirk as they were talking about it, there's a muscular, but quirkless guard on the way to the kids. Otherwise nothing. Be on guard, stay to the shadows." Fairy took a few steps back from the edge of the building. "Ready?"

"Whenever you are." Top Hat and Frosty nodded, all three jumping off the roof.

As soon as they landed Fairy took off towards the kids, Skyla leading the other two towards the people responsible. Both sides stuck to the shadows, silently taking out the guards, 3 small shadow creatures followed Fairy, keeping her out of sight and dealing with the guard to prevent her from slowing down.

Unexpectedly, it was the door holding the children that provided the greatest difficulty. It had been designed so that it could only be opened by someone who could manipulate water. It really wouldn't have been good if anyone but Fairy had been the one to rescue the children. Frost was able to freeze things, but Top Hat didn't have anything similar. Fairy was the one with the most versatile quirk.

"Undine." Fairy called, a child made of water appearing out of thin air, a trail of water drops surrounding it.

Undine, the water spirit, was made of water that was tinted a pale blue, what looked like long hair tied up in a ponytail that turned into a waterfall fairly quickly. They had no lower body, the water clothing they had looking like a dress as it turned into a cascade. It had a small face with large eyes that were almost bug like and an open mouth shaped like a D.

"Open the door for me."

-----

"Have you decided a name for your quirk?" Nico interrupted Dudley as he tried to practice.

"I'm thinking 'Happenstance'..." Dudley jumped, looking down at his hands. "Do you think that's a decent name?"

"Sure, it's a good description of your quirk, but not so obvious that anyone is going to know what it is. Do you know what you want to do?" Nico scratched the quirk name down.

"I-" Dudley stopped, he really didn't know what he wanted. Really the only goal he had had in life was to get enough money to move out of his parents' house. But he didn't live there now, though he still needed to look for a place to be. "I really don't know."