Chapter 11

"You're back, everything okay?" Momo called them over to the table she was sitting at with Jiro, Mina, Hagakure, Ochaco, Tsuyuu, and Aoyama. It was lunch, so it was extremely obvious who people's friends were.

"We were being talked to about our foot x-rays." Luke said, leading the small group of three to the table, Harry fiddling with his walking stick. "Apparently Dudley probably has a quirk, but Harry and I most likely don't."

"That's fair, though. You and Harry have magic, Dudley doesn't, not it's even." Mina laughed lightly.

"I kinda want a quirk though, seems like it would be fun, plus probably wouldn't be picked up by the underage magic tracers." Luke said, grinning with a gleam in his eyes.

"Underage magic tracers?" Jiro asked.

"The Ministry Of Magic tracks magic around magical people underage. I don't know about before going to Hogwarts, but after going to Hogwarts I almost got expelled because a house elf came to the Dursleys' and started doing magic saying I shouldn't return. He had also stolen all my letters from my friends before I got them." Harry explained what he knew.

"Before they go to Hogwarts they mostly only do anything if it's super serious and will reveal the Wizarding World to muggles. In that case all that they do is erase the muggle's memories anyway. It's not like it's a young child's fault for accidental magic." Luke said with a sigh, his brother had gotten away with rather too much thanks to that law, but it's not like it's really fair to change it.

"When do you come of age in the wizarding world?" Hagakure asked, making Dudley jump again, still not used to invisible people.

"When you're 17, it's also tradition to get a watch on your 17th birthday. I'm going to be honest, I have seen those watches and I have no idea how to read them." Luke said, sounding somewhat bored.

"If you don't know how to read the watch then what's the point?" Mina asked, one cheek puffed as it was filled with food.

"Mina, don't talk with your mouth full!" Jiro sighed, flicking Mina's arm.

"It's tradition, and a symbol of coming of age. Now it's unlikely I'll get one, but Harry probably will." Luke said, sitting upright a little more, gesturing at Harry with a fork.

"I will?" Harry asked, looking surprised.

"Yeah, Sirius and Remus are both wizards, and both have wizard parents, so they have a pocket watch each. You'll either inherit one with family history, or they'll buy you a new one. To be honest, I would be surprised if your parents didn't leave you one." Luke explained, sounding a little bored.

"Why won't you get one?" Dudley asked.

Luke turned to look at Dudley in silence for a moment, eyebrows raised. "Because I'm a runaway, and my parents don't like me anyway, they wouldn't give one to me."

"Sorry." Dudley said, feeling a little awkward.

"What do the watches look like?" Momo asked.

"Uh, well, they're pocket watches, but instead of hands they have several planets and moons rather than hands. To be honest I've never really had a good look at them, my parents didn't put theirs on show." Luke said, a little embarrassed seeing how he was the one who had started talking about it.

"Why can't Remus and Sirius give you a watch too?" Aoyama asked, his French accent sounding a little forced.

"Well, for one they're Harry's godparents, not mine. For another they're already more than kind for letting Dudley and me stay at there house, there's no reason at all for them to give me a watch. The only way I can see them giving me one at all is if there's miscommunication and they get Harry multiple." Luke said, looking a little uncomfortable about the idea of the two men giving him a watch.

-----

Class 1-A, along with Harry, Luke and Dudley, were going to the USJ for training. They were supposed to go with Aizawa and All Might and meet another pro hero there, but apparently All Might got caught up in something and wasn't able to come.

"Why is it so tense?" Luke asked, after a few minutes, Harry had been squirming slightly uncomfortably in his seat at the tense, uncomfortable air of the bus.

"Last time we went to the USJ we got attacked by villains, it was pretty similar to what's happening now too." Kirishima said loudly, Harry's head throbbing slightly, as the other members of class 1-A nodded, except for Shoto because he was asleep.

"Right, fun!" Dudley said, with an awkward nod.

"Yeah, so I guess we're all a little worried it'll happen again." Izuku said, rubbing the back of his head and smiling awkwardly.

"That's fair. I feel that way every year." Harry said a little quietly, looking out the window at the scenery rushing by. "I'm normally right, too."

"Well that's fucking reassuring!" Bakugo yelled at them, making Harry flinch.

"I don't know if it'll happen now, it happens to me pretty much every year because Voldemort wants to kill me and tries pretty regularly. If the villains don't have a personal vendetta against one or more of you, then they probably won't be back as regularly." Harry said with a shrug, his voice a lot quieter and calmer than Bakugo's, and it had taken him a moment to talk again.

"It's All Might that they're after, and he was meant to be here, so they may show up again trying to get him again." Kaminari said, looking between the people on either side of him, Jiro and Kirishima.

"Would they try again so soon though?" Luke asked. "I'm guessing that they faced a decent loss, and I'm sure they didn't win, so it will take them some time for them to recover. How often does He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named try?"

"It's usually around once a year, but second year was actually the Malfoys, and last year it was that Sirius had escaped." Harry said, almost sounding like he hadn't had the great, traumatic, events of each year burnt into him.

"And Harry's just a teenager, they're after an adult pro hero, they'll take a while to get themselves together, and I doubt they'll try the same thing twice." Luke said firmly, sounding surprisingly sure for someone who wasn't involved in the incident.