CHAPTER 27

NEXT DAY
OMNISCIENT

Jayda was sitting in her room, staring out the window. rain was hitting the windows lightly. the rain matched the vibe that was inside her room. her led lights were turned to purple. she had her phone in her hand. the number was delayed, she hadn't pressed call yet. her palms were sweating. she was nervous. jayda took some deep breath and pressed the green button. the phone was ringing.

(this part was inspired by mysticgotjokes on YouTube just so yall know)

"Hello," said a soft voice.
Jayda didn't answer she was stuck.

"Hello, who is this," The voice said again.

«He-Hey,» Jaydas shaking voice said.

«Is this Jody» Jayda asked still shaking.

"Yes this is she, who is this»

"My full name is Jayda nya Carter or Miller" Jayda confidently said.

"Wait what did you say" the other voice sat straight up in her chair. Tears were starting to fill her eyes.

"My name is Jayda nya Miller," Jayda said once again.

Jayda could hear the sobs from the other line. Jayda herself was crying. She muted her call because she didn't want the other one to hear her.

"Are you serious?" The voice said.

"Yes," Jayda was sobbing by this time.

"My baby" the other voice sobbed into the phone.

"How Are you darling," The voice asked.

"I'm great um I read your letter a month ago, I'm sorry that I took so long." Jayda wiped her eyes while speaking.

"I'm so glad you called me, I have been waiting so many years for this call," The voice said.

"I-I just saw your letter a month ago, I found the letter in their closet" Jayda stutters.

"I have been trying to contact your mom, and send letters and stuff but I guess that didn't go through. I told your mom to please give you my phone number or address, but she said that you moved and hadn't talked to her in a while"

That made Jayda really sad. That her so-called "mother" lied to her biological mother. So that Jayda couldn't get in contact with her real family. Jayda has tried to contact her "father" and "mother "multiples times but none of her calls went through. Her "mom" would say she is busy or on another business trip, and her dad would simply not answer.

Jayda didn't want to say the truth over a phone call. She wanted to meet her mom and talk to her about her life, school, boyfriend, and most of all her best friend. She wanted to connect a bond with her family, maybe everything would fall in place.

"Oh, she said that, no I still live at home. But I think I'm going to move out"

"That's nice, so what do you?"

"I'm still in college, but I have a clothing line for myself. And other collaborations"

"That's really good. I bet your sister would have loved your clothing line."

That made Jayda break down. She forgot she read that she has siblings. Jayda muted herself and cried in her hand.

"And I wanna say happy belated birthday. I know it's really late but your nineteen now right?"