The Magnificent Seven (1)

Kylie's POV

The Impala that once held pride and joy was now filled with embarrassment and regret. Dean drove as if there wasn't a problem in the world, humming a tune and occasionally tapping his fingers on the wheel while Sam and I sat in our seats, head down and bright red cheeks. We were too afraid to even glance in one another directions in case the memory of what he had witness would be brought up.

Finally after most of the drive, Sam looked to his brother with a frown and a look of nausea.

"Let me see your knife." Sam had grumbled, making my head pop up in concern.

"What for?" Dean asked, equally as confused and concerned as I was.

"So I can gouge my eyes out."

I bit my lip to keep from crying out in pure embarrassment, my cheeks turning impossibly darker.

"It was a beautiful, natural act, Sam." Dean grinned cheekily.

"Dean come on!" I groaned. "You're making the situation worse."

"It's a part of you and Kylie I never wanted to see, Dean." Sam sighed, running a hand down his face.

Dean chuckled and slapped Sam's thigh. "Hey, I appreciate you giving me and Kylie a little quality time."

"God knows we need it." I mumbled.

Sam straightened up in his seat and gave a single short nod, his face becoming hard as if he was trying to hold a comment back. "Yeah, no problem." He said quietly.

Now that surprised me, I was expecting Sam to bitch and complain about what he had saw, how we should be more focused on saving Dean.

"Really?" Dean asked, just as surprised as I was. "Well, I got say," He chuckled, "I was expecting a weary sigh or an eye roll, something."

"No, not at all. You deserve to have a little fun." Sam replied, his eyes in his lap.

Dean met my gaze in the rearview mirror, a sly smirk on his face. "Well, I am in violent agreement with you there."

"Don't get any ideas." I warned, seeing the little sparkle in his eye.

"You said whatever I wanted." Dean said in a sing-song voice.

I sighed and leaned back in my seat, trying to get comfortable. "What's Bobby got?" I let out in defeat, making Dean's grin grow.

"Not much." Sam let out. "A crop failure and a cicada swarm outside of Lincoln, Nebraska." He shrugged and turned to glance back at me. "Could be demonic omens-"

"Or could just be a bad crop and a bug problem." Dean suggested.

Sam rolled his eyes before turning to his brother. "Yeah, but it's our only lead." He pointed out.

"Any freaky deaths?" I asked.

Sam shook his head. "Nothing Bobby could find - not yet, anyway."

Dean let out a soft chuckle. "It's weird, man. I mean, the night the devil's gate opened, all these weirdo storm clouds were sighted over how many cities?"

"Seventeen." Sam answered softly.

"Seventeen." Dean nodded. "You'd think it would be Apocalypse Now but it's been five days and bubkis." He let out a heavy sigh, his eyes staring straight ahead. "What are the demons waiting for?"

"Beats me." I sighed.

Dean glanced over his shoulder at me quickly before looking back at the road. "No visions?"