Malleus Maleficarum (4)

Kylie's POV

As soon as the Impala came to a complete halt, Sam jumped out of the car with his brother following behind with a mixture of confusion and frustration. I followed behind them where the blonde demon stood, her arms crossed in her leather jacket. 

She seemed nervous.

"Sam, listen to me, there's no time." Ruby started with urgency, taking a small step forward.

"For what?" Sam scrunched up his face in confusion. "What are you talking about?"

"You have to to get out of town."

"So," Dean interrupted the two of them, his hand sliding to the waist band of his jeans. "this is Ruby, huh?" He questioned, just as his hand rose with the Colt tight in his grip. With one flick of his thumb, it was aimed and ready to shoot. "Never had the pleasure."

"Dean!" Sam snapped before turning on his heel to look at me for help. "Do something." 

I hesitated, looking between Ruby and Dean. Their eyes locked on each other, sending sharp glares in each other's direction. 

I gave a shrug and shook my head. There was nothing I could do and there was a clear look of frustration on Sam's face when he realized I wasn't going to step between the two.

"I was hoping you'd show up again." Dean said smugly.

"Point that thing somewhere else." Ruby spat, yet stood tall and confident.

Dean gave a humorless laugh, his head falling on his shoulders slightly. "Right." His grip seemed to get tighter on the gun.

Sam continued to give me his puppy dog look, forcing me to do something that I wasn't comfortable doing. "Son of a bitch." I cursed, taking a step forward to stand next to Sam. "Why?" I asked her, Dean's eyes glancing at me.

I could see the way his body tightened under his leather jacket, the way he shifted on his feet in a slight way of throwing a fit.

"Hey, hot stuff, we can take care of a few kitchen witches, thanks." Dean shot, his jaw tighter than it was before.

Ruby scrunched up her face in disgust. "I'm not talk about witches, you jackass. Witches are whores. I'm talk about who they serve."

The three of us stood beside the Impala in confusion before it suddenly dawned on Sam.

"Demons. They get their powers from demons."

"Yeah." Ruby nodded. "And there's on here now."

"Oh, what, you mean besides you?" Dean sneered.

Ruby became annoyed with Dean's cheap shots and insults, her attention turning to the only one she could get through to. "Sam, it know you're in town and it's gonna come after you and it's way more than you can handle."

Dean's eyes widened as his head went back and forth between Sam and the demon who seemed to persuade him. "Oh come on, what is this, huh?"  His gaze becoming hard on his brother. "Please tell me you're not listening to this crap!"

"Put a leash on your brother, Sam, if you wanna keep him."

I wasn't sure if it was a warning or a threat, or both, but either way I didn't like the way she spoke of Dean.

I really didn't like the way Sam reacted either.

"Dean, look, just chill out." He commanded his brother.

"No! No! She's messing with your head. God knows why, that's who they are!" Dean raised his voice and waved his gone in Ruby's direction.

"I'm telling you the truth." The demon said with need but also in a tone that I would've punched her in the face for.