The Honeymoon: Installment the Third

Hello, esteemed readership. I have deeply enjoyed your passing commentary on my budding novella in the 'Comments Section'. I endeavor to submit it for publishing within the next 3-4 weeks. Any feedback before this time period expires would be much appreciated.

For legal reasons, I must disclose that the authorial crediting for this installment must be jointly distributed between myself, a young writer given the privilege to work for a philosophical legend (without pay), and "PhilosophyOV" (known formally as Socrates). I have had innumerable unpaid internships with innumerable popular philosophers, and I am thoroughly relishing this creative opportunity. 

(If the reader is curious, I am allowed to disclose the fact I helped Nietzsche write "Thus Spoke Zarathustra". It is not a big deal, I am very humble.)

...

{Point of View: You, the reader, recently awoke from a rather realistic dream. One might analyze this imagined scenario as a manifestation of the reader's guilty conscience regarding their concealed emotional attachments to certain Diogenes. Alas, there is no harm no foul in a dream -- but, this does not rid the reader from the frequent twinges of shame. Will Socrates uncover your Furtive Fantasy? Or will you narrowly escape discovery? Continue as we embark on this narrative adventure together.}

SOCRATES: My dearest wife, you have awoken in such a state of distress. May I assist you in any way?

YOUR NAME: Oh, husband... I apologize for startling my dear Socrates. I simply had a nighted mare about... some unsavory events.

SOCRATES: There, there, my love. We are in reality now, on a resplendent honeymoon. There are no such occurrences that may harm you here.

YOUR NAME looks forlornly out the window overlooking the stormy ocean, her eyes reflecting the tumultuous sight. She does not speak of the fact that it is SOCRATES she fears will be hurt... and by her own actions.

SOCRATES exits momentarily and returns with a mug of espresso. He delicately places the beverage upon the mahogany cabinet resting adjacent to the bed.  

YOUR NAME: Socrates? I have a philosophical proposition I wish to present to you.

SOCRATES: What is it, my dearest?

YOUR NAME: What is the status of hypothetical immorality? Is it sinful to contemplate sin without intent?

SOCRATES: Well, dearest, in the scale of our unending universe, the concepts that we tend to grasps at all lead to the singularity of a slippery slope that truly reflect the fallacious states that we attempt to characterize as "morals". Utilitarianism ultimately stands at the forefront of humanity as we know it, and we will dedicate monuments and definitions within textbooks and schools of thought without ever considering the capitalist foundations that could reveal underlying beliefs of the enlightened. The religion of deontology forgets the value of the human soul and in turn, sacrifices the virtue ethics that have been faithful to our innate emotional capacities to do good and evil. Before there can be contemplation, there must be consequences and conclusions that leave behind the impurities of the mind and aching desires of our flesh that our species have been famous for throughout history, and the all-enveloping, irrelevant expanse of our universe. 

YOUR NAME: That is incredibly profound, my dear life partner. The inner workings of your intellect never fail to surpass all mortal expectations. 

SOCRATES: But all men are mortal. And Socrates is a man, therefore he is mortal.

YOUR NAME: The state of immortality does not imply the inability to transcend expectations.

SOCRATES: That is inductively sound. This was a fruitful moral discussion. Now, shall we continue on this lovely honeymoon of ours? I remember you did contemplate how you wished to recreate some scenes from Aristophanes' new play, Mitéra Maía.[1]

YOUR NAME: Your suggestion sounds most splendid. I believe I shall accept your invitation, should you also endeavor to recreate my preferred written scenography. 

SOCRATES and YOUR NAME leave at a hastened pace. The espresso remains untouched.  

[1]That is Greek for Mamma Mia. Source: I asked Duo the Owl.

...

I do hope this installment of "Socrates x Reader {Dialogue}" was to your amusement. This creative process has been utmost gratifying, and I restlessly await your critical interpretations.