chapter 4:

You were awoken by the sound of soft padding past your door. Being the curious spirit you were, you peeped your head out the doorway and saw it was Haku. Quietly, you snuck up to him and clung to his back in a back hug. Haku was enveloped with the sweet scent of vanilla and fruit as he felt someone collide with his back. Of course, you had spent enough time with Haku for him to be able to recognise your scent anywhere. With a soft smile, he turned his head around and looked over his shoulder at you. Smiling at him was indeed Y/N. "Now, Y/N, I'm going to Yubaba's office, so if you could please let me go?" Haku requested. You pout and ask if you can join him. Who in the world would be able to resist such a cute face, so Haku agreed, so long as you promised to be quiet and obedient. Happily, you bounced towards Yubaba's office, but when you neared her door, you turned and waited for Haku and your face immediately dropped to become an emotionless mask. Pushing open the door, you entered with Haku. Striding in with confidence, Haku walked in and peered around the room to see the reason why he was summoned. You trailed in his shadow, but with equal confidence.

"Haku, Y/N, how nice to see you." Yubaba drawled. "Haku, you're now in charge of looking after Sen here during her time in the bath house." Shifting her eyes to Y/N Yubaba spoke with a slight smirk in her voice, "Y/N, you will still be doing the same job, but you will be expected to help Sen." You nod and bow, then prepare to leave as you knew that was Yubaba's dismissive tone. Off you went to complete your jobs and leave Haku to sort out Sen and help her adapt in her new environment. When Haku filled you in on everything he did with Sen after when you were both at dinner, he told you that she would be sleeping with the other females spirits in the bath house. Being the kind friend you were, you asked him if Sen would feel more comfortable if you joined her and the gang in the small room. Smiling, Haku happily agreed, and you moved your things into the shared bedroom of the bath house females.

The first night Sen was at the bath house, she complained of feeling quite sick. Lin, being the older sister figure, just told her to get some rest and she'd feel better in the morning. As a sort of comfort to Sen, you transformed into your fox form and snuggled against Sen's cheek, trying to comfort her and make her feel warm.

The next morning, you both were woken up by the slight padding noises of someone's feet near the door. With a quiet sigh, the door slid open and revealed a recognisable silhouette on the floorboards. His short, dark green hair swayed gently while he walked, his destination Sen's futon. A small squeak left your mouth when the dragon boy accidentally stepped on the tip of one of your many tails. Muttering a quiet apology, Haku instructed Sen to come meet him at the bridge of the bath house. You decided that you were going with them to keep an eye on them and also it was nearly time for your morning patrol around the realm.

Together, you three slipped into the pig pen where Sen's parents were currently residing. When Sen saw her parents, she cried out for them to not eat too much and that she'd come back and save them. 

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

word count: 610

I realised just today that I messed up the order of the chapters so bad! I'm so sorry 😖 Hope everyone's having a good day/night! If I mess up the order again, please, let me know and I'll change it ASAP

Signing out, mokkechild