chapter 16:

When you had rested your head on Haku's chest, Kamaji and Lin completely broke down and started weeping over the loss of a granddaughter and sister. That went on for a period until they had no tears left and the bell had rung multiple times, signalling for Kamaji to return to his work and Lin left him in peace. The soot spirits could sense the sadness in the atmosphere and crowded around the two figures, one sleeping and one unconscious. They all lovingly snuggled up to them and for once Kamaji didn't scold them for not doing their job.

With a start, Haku opened his eyes. Something told him everything was not ok. He felt a heavy weight resting on his chest. When he looked down, he saw that it was his beloved Y/N who had seemingly fallen asleep on him. Smiling softly, he gently removed her from his figure and sat up, asking Kamaji where Sen was. "She's at Zeniba's house." Kamaji replied absentmindedly. "Ok. Also, please let Y/N know when she's woken up that I've gone to go collect Sen." With that, Haku went out the door. "Y/N is-" Kamaji stopped when he realised that Haku had left him already.

When Sen ran outside Zeniba's house, she saw the beautiful white dragon staring at the ground with a bewildered look on his face. She gained his attention when Sen yelled out to Zeniba that she was leaving. On their journey back, Haku kept staring into what seemed to be blank space. Many times, Sen turned around to see what he was looking at but saw nothing there. Sen repeatedly asked Haku what he was looking at and he didn't answer, too invested in looking at the space behind her.

Throughout the journey, Haku turned to look at you, how you looked so happy to see that Chihiro was freed, yet something didn't feel right to him. When Haku last saw you, you had been pale and looked quite ill, but you now looked fine, although to him, you seemed slightly see-through. You finally looked like how you first met him, happy and filled with life.

When Haku and Sen arrived at the bridge again, they were greeted with Yubaba standing in front of the bath house with a pig pen situated behind her. With a cackle, Yubaba challenged Sen, who had remembered her old name, to identify her parents amongst them all. After examining them for a long time, Chihiro confidently replies that none of the pigs are her parents. The spirits of the bath house cheer happily for her, knowing that she is now free.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

word count: 432

y'all really thought that i left the book like that? haha no, i have one last chapter and also an epilogue in my drafts, waiting. i'm also screwed for parent teacher conferences :) one last thing, i've started my new book, it's akaashi x reader, hope you give it a chance <3 have a good day/night. also a note to my old best friend, happy birthday to her even though we don't talk anymore </3

signing out, mokkechild