chapter 12:

When you left to your room after you woke up, Yubaba summoned you to her room to look after Boh while she went on her mysterious journeys at night. Complying, you went into Boh's room. Usually, he was a spoilt little child who would listen to no one. But he, for an unknown reason, quite liked you. It made him especially happy when you and Haku both came to watch over him. That night, you contemplated on dragging Haku with you to look after Boh, but your laziness said no. When Yubaba had left, it started raining hard. Knowing that Boh wouldn't fall asleep easily because of the loud noise, you transformed into your fox form and allowed him to hug you like a plushie. You didn't know that that night, Haku went on a dangerous journey.

That night, Sen had accomplished her hard task of cleaning the stink spirit, which turned out to be the spirit of a polluted river. As thanks, he gives Sen a strange looking little dumpling. She tried to eat it but realised that it was disgusting. She made a mental note to come ask you later tomorrow about what the strange food was since you knew so much about spells and curses in the form of food. Meanwhile, the black body, white faced spirit she invited into the bathhouse was causing havoc.

When Sen woke up that morning, she was wondering why the room was so deserted. She looked out from the balcony and saw that Kamaji's room was smoking already, meaning that he had started working. Sen was about to leave when she saw something on the horizon of the sea that had appeared overnight because of the rain. It was a majestic white dragon being chased by what seemed to be a cloud of birds. When the dragon approached the room, Sen realised that it was Haku in his dragon form, with strange paper people chasing him.

Sen yelled for Haku to come to her and threw the sliding doors open. Haku flew into the room, while Sen tried to close the doors to prevent the shikigami people from entering the room. Sen looked around and noticed a dark, thick substance that was smeared around his long body and dripping from his snout. In a panic, she runs into the hallway, shouting for you to come and tend to him since you were the unofficial doctor of the bathhouse, with Lin as your assistant. Hearing Sen call your name loudly, Haku began to flail around, trying to flee from the room. Succeeding, Haku flew right out from the balcony and continued on his journey to Yubaba's penthouse in the higher levels.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

word count: 449

back into lockdown again :/ i hope everyone stays safe! my draft for this book is currently 7000+ words and i still haven't finished writing and am running out of headers/banners for each chapter :P oh dear- for those with discord and want my disc, it's mokkechild#1688.

signing out, mokkechild