chapter 14:

You floated in and out of consciousness while you all fell through the shaft. Haku noticed that you weren't responding in a panic of falling, so he gently gripped your clothing in his claws, making sure you were safe. The whole group, including the mousey Boh, all crashed through into Kamaji's workroom. Startled, he looked up to see a Haku gripping onto the shelves of herbs he had precisely stored, while his granddaughter like figure was laying limply on the floor. "What is going on?" He shrieked.

Sen explained the whole incident. Suddenly, she remembered the little mound of strangeness that was given to her by the river god and took it out from her pocket. She begged Haku to try to swallow it, but he remained agitated and aggressive. When he saw the form of Y/N struggling to get up and make her way towards him, he immediately calmed down. Sen turned around to see what he was looking at and realised that only Y/N's presence could calm him down.

You woke up again, head slightly spinning from the blood loss. Worried, you drag yourself up to Haku and mutter assuring words to him. Whining, Haku nuzzles your arm and Sen discreetly passes you the little snack. Biting off a part of it, you try to feed it to Haku, only for him to recoil away from it. Slightly annoyed, you force feed it to him, making him swallow the ball. After that, he regurgitated the golden seal and a squirming mass of black and proceeded to black out.

Sen shrieked at the sight of it while you watched the creature squirm on the ground. It tried to escape from its demise by hiding in the home of the soot spirits, but they retaliated fiercely. With nowhere to run, it began to wiggle around in circles on the ground until it was squashed by Sen's foot. Kamaji told Sen to place her forefinger and thumb together. In a chopping motion, he separated her fingers. While they were busy, you had moved yourself to where Haku was lying limply and made sure he was comfortable before closing your eyes for some shut eye, too tired to clean up the blood that was slowly seeping out onto the floor.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

word count: 378

shhh, no one will say a word about me nearly forgetting to update my story, ok? good. anyways, again, thank you guys so much for more than 1k reads on my book. i will soon start on a few more new books after this book is done, i hope the ending i have planned doesn't disappoint you guys.

signing out, mokkechild