chapter 10:

When you woke up again, you were lying comfortably on your futon with a thick blanket on you to keep you warm. Blinking blearily, you realised that the sky was dark, meaning that you had to get up and go to tend to the clients who would come to the bathhouse. Just as soon as you stepped out the door and peeped out, you saw Haku exiting his room as well. "(Y/N), go back to rest, you had a pretty bad fever. I have already asked Yubaba to excuse you." Haku said. Nodding in thanks, you retreat back into the room, but is stopped by Haku when he asks if you wanted him to look after you for a bit. You shake your head and go back to sleep.

Sen came into your room when you were feeling a bit better to keep you company. Without her, you were sure that you would already be going crazy. In your spare time, you sketched and drew in your book. One time, Sen was looking out the window and you found it the perfect opportunity to sketch it to draw later.

A few days had passed after that incident, and the relationship between you and Haku was a bit better. You still didn't really interact with him much, but at least you got to see him in your day-to-day life. Because you see Haku often now, the curse was less evident, but you still had bad coughing fits.

One night, you were about to go to retire to your room when there was a commotion downstairs. Running down, you wondered what was going on. You go down to the bottom floor to see that Yubaba and Sen are greeting a stink spirit. When you hear Yubaba request Sen to look after the spirit, you make your way up the balcony to watch.

You made your way to the platform and caught sight of a mop of familiar green hair. Quietly, you make your way over to him and wrap your arms around him from behind. Without turning around, Haku could tell that it was you, so he accepted the hug. Peering over his shoulder, you watched Sen tend to the spirit when you felt a sharp pain in both your head and chest. Coughing sharply, you quickly retract your arms back and fish around for the handkerchief that you carried with you all the time. You slink to the corner of the platform and try to cough as quietly as possible. Since the platform you and Haku were on was one that not many had access to, no one noticed a small figure huddled in the corner coughing violently. Feeling quite unwell, you make your way up to your room to find the medicine that Zeniba gave you after you went to her after the first time you started coughing blood. What you didn't notice was the person who watched you go. They just shrugged it off as a cold or fever but were confused as they remembered that spirits rarely got sick and that you had just gotten a fever a few days ago.

━━━━━━━━━▲━━━━━━━━━

word count: 523

well, guess who's planning to start a new book when they haven't finished this one yet? couldn't be me :) anyways, i might start the new book soon, i hope you guys enjoy it 😊

signing out, mokkechild