Part 2 | Goons And Fight

Honestly, the response was so overwhelming and encouraging! Thank you lovely people ❤
I am glad you all share the same excitement for the story as much as I do! 😙😉

____________________________

NAIRA

" I am full.." Aditi exclaimed, contented with the food.

" Great! Naira come on... Let's treat our self with some ice cones..." Dhruv pointed at a kulfi stall outside the Dhaba.

" Meeee!" squealed Aditi jumping on her feet.

" Nope! Only me and Naira... You just told you were full. " Dhruv eyed me and I nodded in agreement.

" No I am not done yet! I still have some space, single ice cone won't hurt..."

" stop bluffing! When have you stopped with one cone..." I commented.

" and then suffers from tooth ache and cries like a baby! " Dhruv teased.

" Are you both done! Dhruv, better get me my ice cream before I steal your wallet. " We laughed while Aditi started walking outside towards the stall. It was on the opposite side of the road.

" Naira, you aren't coming? "

" No Dhruv, I don't wanna roam in this outfit. Feels so damn awkward! " he chuckled.

" Ok then, stay here. Let me get it for you..." I was about to tell him, " Yea, No almonds !" I smiled at him.

Of course he knows !

It had been good few minutes but they haven't returned yet. I decided to call Dhruv when I felt someone's presence behind me.

" Expecting me, weren't you
Ms. Basu? " Raghav Malhotra stood before me in his white gold sherwani.

Before he could hold me, I pushed him with all my strength and ran away. Luckily, I had wore my sneakers, instead of heels. I wasn't able to spot Dhruv and Aditi.

" Get her ! "

Grabbing the lehenga skirt I ran as fast as I could. I know his men would be following me and they were many. I ran to escape. I ran for fifteen minutes straight without any break. The road then divided into two and I took the path less used, thinking this may perhaps divert them.

But who was I kidding! I wasn't able to see them, but hear their high pitched voice and the road was empty. I can't even ask for help! I kept running but my muscles started losing its strength and the dress I was wearing was slowing me down even more. I was scared and tired.

I wasn't paying attention to my steps, looking back frequently to see if his men were still behind me.
Panting heavily, My legs were giving up and I dashed on someone but found myself between a pair of strong arms that held me securely before I could land on the ground.

"Ms. Naira?"

The minute I recognised his voice, relief flood through my veins.

Kartik Oberoi

My scared eyes met his confused hazel ones and I found myself getting lost in them.

" Are you Okay, Naira?"

I guess so.

KARTIK

" Yea.. Yeah... Sorry... I " she moved out of my hold.

Her cheeks was flushed in natural pink shade due to running. Her outfit looked like a typical bridal one but she didn't have any heavy make up or jewellery like any usual bride.