Part 13 | Wounds of his Past

Don't be ashamed,
I see your scars as a
symbol of the storm ,
that you have bravely fought
and survived.

-----------------------

NAIRA

" Then will you tell me the truth If I ask something about my family? " He nodded.

" About the women in the portrait I found in your room. " I asked him in a whisper wondering how he would react.

" I know you have a lot of questions in your mind but I may not be the best person to give the answers.
Brother knows better! "

Those were Rudra's words when he revealed nothing but the name when I spotted the photos in Kartik's cabin this evening.

" Who's Nisha? " I felt him taking a quick breath, his body stiffened.

" My twin sister! " His voice was empty, but it held some emotions I couldn't decipher.

Somewhere I felt relieved that the pics wasn't related to his ex girlfriends or something.

He simply stood up and turned his back towards me as he walked inside the villa.

Did I upset him by asking him the question?

" Kartikk " I called out as I got my legs out of the pool waters and followed him to his room.

The small room within his room was now wide open, as if he was permitting me inside the closed walls of his heart....

He stood before the portrait with hands shoved inside his pant pockets. I slowly walked to his side.

" Nisha is my twin sister, actually was. " I looked at him shocked.

" I have seen her as an active and a naughty kid, grow into a curious and smart teen then into an independent and gorgeous women. She had done her masters in management, never gave anyone a chance to point fingers at her. She was the princess of our family! "

His fingers traced her face on the portrait, " she was the most beautiful women I had seen in my life next to my mother. You will always find her wearing that beautiful smile on her face no matter what." My eyes roamed on the portrait, a smile made it's way on my lips. Nisha had the same hazel orbs like her twin brother.

" While in College, She fell in love. They dated for 3 years after which they got married at the age of 24. "

So those photos I found in Kartik's office was taken at Nisha's wedding.

I know what you thought!

Nevermind.

" She loved to write fictions. She was amazing at it. " He smiled as he ran his hand through the pages of a book which was lying on top of a pile of other dairies and book. Probably they too contained her writing. " She wanted to publish her novel but alas.... " He sighed.

" Everything was perfect until " he paused. I saw a flash of anger in his eyes, his jaw clenched " that day when I found her husband cheating on her. Just after a year of marriage, that too with her best friend." My eyes widened.

" I confronted Nisha, but she remained silent. I was so furious and all I wanted was to teach the man who broke my sister's heart a lesson he would never forgot his entire life.

She pleaded me not to hurt him, she was defending the man who cheated on her. She was so selfless, my innocent twin was so in love with the wrong person. I searched for him the entire night, everywhere in and around the city but couldn't find him. I didn't see him there after. " He turned towards me.