Part 55 | Home feels like you - 1

NAIRA

Arms wrap around me, pulling me into a hard chest as I sobbed.

" Shss.... It's okay. I got you." He shush, rocking me back and forth.

" I failed them, Dhruv. " My body racked as I cry with hiccups, clinging to his shirt.

" No, Naira... You didn't. " His voice cracks, as he held my vulnerable self closer to his body. " You are so brave. "

I jerk his hands, peeling myself away from him. Concern etches on his face. " I'm not brave. I'm a c-coward. "

" I am the sole reason for all the mishap my family had to go through.
Dad could have been arrested, the company could have gone bankrupt, Kartik and Rudy's career would have been in stake.... And the baby.
Instead of being happy about my pregnancy, I am blatantly avoiding the topic so as to escape the reality. What kind of a mother does that! " I rant in a single breath.

" Naira, you are just scared and that's because you care for your baby.

It's totally fine to be scared. Infact everyday as a Parent new fears will be unlocked. But we learn to deal with it. Every parent go through this.

Trust me, At the end of the day When you hold your kid, nothing else really matters. "

" So do you mean to say, fear makes us perfect parents? " He chuckled amused, at my statement.

" Naira... There's no way to be a perfect Parent for it doesn't exist, but a million ways to be a good one. That's the goal. To make best of your imperfections and enjoy the process. To grow with your kids. To love them, To be there for them. "

Dhruv shifts so that he's beside me now. He points at a couple playing with a little girl and asks, " Do you see them? "

I hum in response.

" That couple were trying to conceive for about 10 years, before they adopted Jenny, who we found abandoned as a 6 month old. She is 3 years old now and her perfect family drawing is complete.
It's weird how life works, isn't it? "

I watch their happy faces, Jenny giggling in her father's arms as her mother tickled her. The trio look happy in their own world.

" I didn't know I was pregnant when I was in the warehouse. Had something happened, I could have lost - " I swallow hard my words. Even the mere thought send chills down my spine.

Dhruv pressed my hand, reassuring me. " After What happened, your fears are completely justified Naira.
But Being afraid doesn't make you weak!

You aren't alone in this. We have got your back and Kartik.... He's never gonna leave you, even if you push him away. If not he wouldn't have called me and asked me to check on you. "
I glanced at him through my glossy eyes.

He looks at me with empathy, "For once Keep your fears aside and think. Aren't you happy about your pregnancy? Do you really want to give this up? "

A quick tear trickle down my eyes.

I have always dreamt of my happy family, why in hell will I not be happy having a baby with the man I love!

My hands curl around my stomach and I look down at my right palm pressed over my abdomen. " I want this baby. " A whispery confession.

Dhruv smiles softly, caressing my hair. " I know. "

I drop my head to his shoulder, staring at the memorial stone.

" It wasn't your fault, Naira. " He mutters after a while, " Nothing was your fault. I'm sorry we weren't able to reach you sooner. " Guilt evident in his words.