Part 29 | And Suddenly

NAIRA

We never wish to wake up
from dreams,
It's the nightmares
That leaves us aghast,
And we desperately wish
We never slept in first place.

--

" Hey! " I felt a hand caressing my forehead.

" Dhruv! What happened? " my voice was hoarse.

" You had an accident but you are fine now. Here, have some water. " He held a bottle inserted with a straw and urged me to take a few sips.

The clock Struck at 1. It's past midnight!

" How long have I been sleeping! "

" You have been unconscious for about 7 hours. " He said and helped me sit upright.

I realised I had a small white bandage on my left temple. My body felt numb and my head a bit heavy.

A female doctor entered with a smile, " Mrs. Oberoi it's good to see you awake. Let's quickly check your vitals." I gave the doctor a small smile.

" How's she? " Dhruv questioned.

" She is fine Mr. Dixit . Ma'am There's no major injury. There are a few bruises in your left arm and a cut in your forehead, not so deep. It will heal in a few days. I have prescribed painkillers, You might feel headaches and mild pain, but There's nothing to worry. You are weak still so Take good rest. " I nodded and thanked her before she left the room.

" Oh my god, Naira " Aditi rushed and engulfed me in a tight hug. " You were unconscious and speechless when we brought you in here, I went nuts for a minute. " I patted her back.

Rudy came in, " Thank God, you woke up. " He gave me a smile but it wasn't a real one.

" Tell me He's fine, Please. "

His face dropped. All three exchanged glances as He sat beside me.

" P- Please." I looked at him with pleading eyes.

Rudy squeezed my hand, " Relax Naira, he'll be fine. We brought him in here bleeding and unconscious. They said he has an airline fracture in his hand. A piece of glass had cut his shoulder and his forehead. They are treating him in the next ward, He's still in unconscious state. "

" I want to see him. " I mumbled.

-----

Standing Outside the room where he laid speechless and in deep sleep, his heart beating in a steady rate, I looked at him through the glass that separated us.

His forehead was covered entirely with a big white bandage so was his right shoulder. His left wrist and palm wrapped with a crepe bandage and the other hand had a tube attached to it.

I ripped off my gaze from him and sat on the metal chair. A lone tear slipped down my eyes.

" He did this to s-save me. " My voice cracked mid sentence.

" Naira don't beat yourself on this dear. " Dad warned.

I shook my head, " N-no no he is here because he .. he tried to protect me. It's on me. He is not waking up. I- I should have... He saved me mom! " I burst into tears as she took me into her embrace.

" Shush... Relax Naira. He will do anything for his family, you are his love! I would have been surprised only if he didn't do this. " I sniffed.

" The doctor said there's nothing to worry, he will wake up soon. Okay! " I nodded wiping my tears.

" He would not like to see his wife crying. " Arjun said.

Rudy kneeled before me. " You need to rest, Princess. "