Part 37 | Out of Nowhere

Unedited update ! Sorry for any grammatical errors.

---

NAIRA

" Did you see her? "

Aditi, munching on a cookie, tilted her face sideways.
It was early afternoon of the day.

" Sit tight. You are ruining my hardwork. " Naira scolded as she worked on Aditi's hair.

Tomorrow is the wedding. Being an intimate wedding, invites have been sent to comparatively a small group of family and friends. The stage has been put up on the shore with the decorations in it's final stage.

" See who? " I asked, continuing to dye her hair in honey brown shade.

" Ridhi. Arjun's cousin. " Aditi replied in a monotonous tone.

" okay, What's the deal- "

" She is also Kartik's Ex . " My motion paused for a minute. I met my best friend's gaze in the dressing table mirror.

" Arjun said she was the longest relationship Kartik ever had. "

" That was during my College days. I proposed her in the most cliche way, during a valentine's day with a rose and letter. "

" We dated for 3 years. She wasn't honest with me and it all ended."

So it must be her.

The women who hugged him last night on the shore.

Why is she here now?

Obvious Dummy, this is her cousin's wedding!

Kartik never mentioned she is a relative of Arjun.

Anyways, She is married!

Kartik said so.

" She is her alone? Or with her husband. "

Why do you care?

Shut up.

" Alone. I met her in the morning. Turns out that She was caught in an abusive marriage. Got divorced recently, a year ago. " Aditi explained.

Holy, Crap!

" Good for her. " I muttered calmly which made Aditi to turn completely around to face me.

" Seriously. That's all is your reaction. " Her brows narrowed.

" I am not a part of his life. It doesn't concern me, if he is seeing someone or who stays in his life. " I mumbled.

" Babes...."

" It doesn't matter to me. Not anymore." Saying firmly I removed the gloves off my hands.

She sighed, " Maybe he has a valid explanation. You should hear him once. "

" We will see about that later. Now I have to check on the decorations. Don't shower early like last time! Have patience. " I exit the room.

I dragged myself to my room. Flashes of the hug they shared last night came before my eyes.

Even though meeting after years, there's no awkwardness between them.

Ofcourse they have spent years together, whereas we hardly spent a year together.

Six months and 7 days.

" There are less chances that they might reconcile, right? Like she cheated on him!! That's big, atleast to a man like him who values loyalty a lot. "

I fidgeted with my fingers, my nails rubbing the insides of my palm.