The Crows

▪️ the map ▪️

▪️ the map ▪️

Me & Rose were inside the carriage as Jesper, Kaz & their lady mate rode outside. It was a long way & I was tried so I was fast asleep in my dreams I heard her & felt her, Alina Starkov the sun summoner as I opened my eyes I realised it wasn't a dream. I could sense her around was she in the carriage with us? That's not possible then I felt it she was inside the trunk of the carriage, what the actual hell was she doing inside the trunk? I need to get to the bottom of this. We halted at a town by dawn, I got out of the carriage as Rose was awoken by the sound "your grace, I'm sorry" she apologised, she wasn't allowed to sleep more than me but she did & I don't blame her for that she was tired as well.

"It's okay" I said "we're not at the palace anymore".

"Rise & shine, sunshine" Jesper smirked as he walked upto me holding a mug of beer "want a drink?" He has dark brown skin & grey eyes, he has his own witty charms.

"Drinking this early?" I raised a brow.

"It's just beer, my love" he winked as he chugged it down.

Kaz walked towards us, he has pale skin & dark hair trimmed short on the sides. His eyes are the color of bitter coffee & has a sharp jawline, narrow face & a lean muscular build. He was wearing a simple, dark suit that is tailored along severe lines to fit him with a black hat, the clothing of a businessman but he wasn't a business man. He was a limp & he carried a cane with a crow's head as a handle, a very unique cane it was. Haven't noticed his leg in the darkness of the night before.

"Good morning" he wished "didn't think you'd be up this early".

"I am" I said "where are we by the way?"

"Ryevost" he answered. I was puzzled until Rose whispered "we're at the east of Ravka, my grace".

I know where Ryevost was, I've seen it on the map but this was the first time in my life I've been out of the four walls of the palace it felt like a dream. I wanted to explore everything but I couldn't, this was not a vacation I was on the run.

"You're not familiar with the place are you?" He raised a brow.

"Here's your payment" I pulled out my purse "one thousand Kruge". He came forward but before I gave him the money I said "Alina is with us inside the trunk of the carriage, I need to speak to her".

"What?" Jesper came forward "you mean the sun summoner, she's in there?" He pointed at the trunk as I nodded "yes".

"How do you know?" Kaz asked "if you're not Grisha?"