The heart is an arrow

▪️ Tatiana outfit ▪️

"Morning" Nina wished as she saw me walking towards her on the deck "morning" I wished her back "you were busy I see" she gazed at my outfit.

"Didn't get much sleep last night" I told her. It was normal for me to lose sleep some nights, I always did when I was at the palace but it has not happened ever since I left the palace.

"What's your actual plan?" She asked "like seriously, what plans do you have?"

"Like I said after we step foot on ketterdam, I'll pay Kaz & let him & his crew deal with whatever they're going to deal with. While I search for a place where I can learn more about myself" I reminded her.

"You know that I'm part of Kaz's crew now, don't you?" She looked at me "and so are you".

"I just agreed to be a part for the time being, I'm not going to spend the rest of my life doing whatever they do. I've other responsibilities" I told her "I've to train, I'm no thief".

"So, you'll just leave?" she looked at me "just like that? You'll leave me behind?"

"After whatever deal you have with Kaz is done, you're going to elope with your man anyway" I huffed "you're not going to follow me into the wilderness".

"I just might" she folded her arms "I just came back from a wilderness trip, did you forget?"

"But this is not the same" I reminded her "you're not stuck in the wilderness anymore, you can go wherever you want & on the other hand, do you think Matthias will agree to follow".

"I can make him" she said "follow".

"You don't have to Nin's, I'll be fine on my own" I told her "you know me".

"I know you too well, that's why I'm afraid" she said.

"The past is the past" I murmured "I'm under control". Why do everyone keep reminding me of my past? The darkness is far behind. Or was I lying to myself?

"Are you?" She raised a brow "because I can sense it in you".

"Can we please not talk about it" I said under my breath "I want to forget about the past".

"I'm sorry" she apologised "I didn't mean to".

"I know" I nodded "I'm just glad you're here with me, I've missed you".