The Shadow Fold

"Your grace" I heard Rose calling out to me as I opened my weary eyes, there was a ringing in my ear but I was coming back to my senses. Baghra, why did you do this? Why did you have to bring a wedge between me & Aleksander, was he that bad? I fought myself, no I cannot do this to myself. I've left him for a good reason I cannot go back.

"Thank the saints" Jesper gave a sigh of relief as Inej smiled down on me. Kaz was at the corner his expression heavy, no one can tell what's on that crooked mind of his but he seemed different. I could read his mind but he's protected from my influence, with that bracelet around his wrist does he know what it is or does he just wear it? But I guess no one will wear that bracelet just for the sake of wearing it. Especially not Kaz because Kaz know stuffs more than he should.

"What were you thinking?" Jesper asked as I rose up.

"You shouldn't have done that" Inej sat down on the bed "it was dangerous".

"I had to talk to him" I told them "I needed to".

"You nearly died your grace" Rose looked at me "you bled a lot from your nose, you lost a lot of blood".

"I'm okay" I murmured "just light headed that's all".

"I've made you some tonics that'll help" Rose said as she mixed them & poured them into a cup & handed it to me "thank you" I sipped it, it tasted horrible but I had to drink it if I've to board the skiff today.

"Your hands" Inej said as she saw black marks on them, it looked like I've played with coal "they'll fade" I told her "he touched me, that's the reason why I lost a lot of blood we're not allowed to have contact when we're astral projecting".

"Touch like?" Jesper raised a brow.

"Nothing of that sort" I rolled my eyes "you perv". As Inej & Jesper began to laugh, I trailed my hand across my shoulder the spot where he placed a soft kiss saying "I'll get you". I did feel something for him, I still do, I just can't deny it but I can't think about him now.

"Can you make it to the skiff?" Kaz came forward, avoiding eye contact.

"Yes" I nodded.

"I'll bring you your breakfast, your grace" Rose said as I mumbled "cream puffs, please".

"Sure your grace" she left, Jesper followed her behind & so did Kaz.

As soon as they were out of sight Inej asked "what kind of Grisha are you, your grace?"

"I'm telepathic in nature" I admitted.

"Telepathy" she gasped "there's no record or legends of any kind of Grisha's ever been telepathic in nature, there's no proof of your kind ever".

"I know" I nodded "I also don't understand what I truly am".

"You can read minds can't you?" She was curious as I nodded "I can & more" I told her.

"You read mine" she said slowly.

"I didn't mean to but I did at the barn, and I'm sorry about the life you've lived ever since you were 14, it was a very hard life" I spoke softly.