Chapter 23

Chapter 23

                                                             *Alix's POV*

It was all very sudden. One minute Zayn and I were dancing and enjoying each other like friends....now our lips are connected. I know that this is wrong and I want to pull away, but something inside prevents that from happening. Instead, I gently respond by pressing and moving my lips with his. His hands are steady and gentle as they rests on my waist. The way our lips move is gentle and in sync. Zayn doesn't rush me to something extreme like Jacob usually would--- instead, he just kisses me passionately. My hand slips from his chest to his abdomen, and the other hand is on the nape of his neck--- pulling him closer.

Our lips depart for some breathing. Now, I am the one who brings our lips back together. As our lips move together soothingly and perfectly, I get a grip on Zayn's shirt--- pulling him towards the settee, with him hovering over me and me underneath. I lie straight and he puts his weight in his hands so it won't be on me. This kiss between us is nothing I have ever experienced. It is much more. It is delighting. Wonderful. Tender. Blissful. I enjoy it.

Something in my body urges me to take both my hands and grip the hem of his shirt. We pull our lips away and graze into lips into each other's mouths. I feel Zayn's tongue start enter my mouth, causing my cheeks to redden. I know that I am going to marry Jacob in two weeks--- but I know that the minute we do, he will go back to beating me. Whipping me. And making me to do things that I do not enjoy doing--- sexually.

This is the moment, I want to last forever. With Zayn. He and the boys have made me laugh, cry, and enjoy life. Him. Liam. Niall. Harry. Louis. They all have been there for me. But Zayn has made my heart flutter.

His tongue slips back and then enters my mouth once more. I allow my tongue to touch his and dance soothingly together. I like it this way. Our tongues disconnect and our lips just grazed at each other. I bring our lips connected before I tighten my grip on the hem of his shirt and start to unbutton the bottom of his shirt.

I feel his hands starting to snake up my shirt and gently brush against my skin. His touch travels up sides and stops. Our lips don't stop moving and I allow myself to continue to slowly unbutton his shirt. Zayn's hands slips out from my shirt and touch my hands, causing me to stop once I reach halfway to the top--- stopping halfway at his abdomen. His lips left mine. My heart froze.

"Alix..." he trailed off. "...as much as I love you, we can't. You're marrying Jacob. He loves you. Don't do this to him."

I feel a ball form in my throat due to this. Did I hear him right? He-he, he said he loved me. Zayn Malik loves me. And I love him.

He sits up so I could and he buttons back up shirt. I sigh as I watch him. I bite down the corner of mouth. Once his shirt is buttoned, he stands and tells me to go and to get some rest. He starts to leave, but I grab his hand. "Zayn" I say. He looks back. "Can you...um..."

Zayn chuckles. "Of course I will."

I blush. He seems to know me well. He lies down on the settee and I lie on him. My head rests on his chest. He is so warm and conforting. I love this. I love him. But I am going to be with Jacob.

                                                           *Harry's POV*

When we arrive back at the bus, I see Alix sleeping on Zayn. Not the first time. As I look at them, I smile weakly. Sometimes, I wonder how these two are so close. They look well together, I admit  it. They do. I wish it was me with her, but I can tell that Zayn makes her happy.

The way they smile at each other. Act towards another. I can see now that they fancy each other. I sigh. Louis looks at me.

"You all right Hazza?" he asks.

I like when he calls me that.

"Yes BooBear" I smile.

He smiles at me before walking into his bedroom. I can see it clear now that I have no choice but move on and let go. I still love and have feelings for Alix. But she is marrying Jacob which is torture to Zayn. I smile weakly as I watch the two sleep together.

I walk into my room, shaking my head. But happily.

                                                    *Alix's POV*

I don't know how long I have been sleeping Zayn's arms. It feels so good to be with him. I remove his arms from around my stomach, causing him to awaken.

He looks and asks if I am all right. I nod and tell him that I have to go to Jacob's. He sighs and asks if he wants to take me. I look at him before giving him a quick peck on the temple. I tell him that I will be all right and leave.

It takes me almost fifteen to thirty minutes to get to Jacob's house. When I get there, I allow myself in. "Jake, I'm home!" I call out. No answer. I call out his name again and still no responce.

I go into the kitchen where I see a note on the counter. I read it:

Alix,

When you read this I will not be here. I love you, but I cannot do this.

Sorry-

Jacob.

My heart grows faint. How could he? I knew that this would happen. I think. I clench my jaw as I feel a ball form in my throat.

I slap down the note and sit down on the settee in the living room. About two hours after sitting on the settee, I hear the doorbell ring. I get up and answer. My heart rushes. Zayn.

"What are you doing here?" I ask. I allow him to come in. He tells me that he came to see me, and asks where Jacob is. I sigh and show him the letter.

He clenches his jaw. "What the hell is wrong with him? How could he do this to you?" he sounds enraged.

I shrug, looking at him. He brings me into a hug, whispering sorry. I chuckle and tell him not to apologize. "Some things happen for a reason" I point out.

He smiles weakly before I bring our lips together. The kiss is passionate and loving. We draw away and I smile. "Love you too" I say. He smiles, remembering what he said early.