Chapter 8

Chapter 8

                                                            *Louis's POV*

After we are done singing our song, Alicia calls Alix in for her to sing. I can tell by the look on her face that she is just a little nervous. I mean, who could blame her? Alicia Keys is the best R&B and soul singer in this century...at least in my opinion.

Alix closes the door to the recording booth behind her and puts the headphones on. Alicia turns on the mic. "You ready Alix?" she asks.

Alix nods, but nervously. I wish there is some way I can show her that she can do it. She is amazing, graceful, funny, and cute, and hot, and....what are you doing Louis?! You just met the girl! Plus, you don't know if she is already taken by some other boy. I wouldn't be surprised if she was.

Alix Lapri is definitely the most beautiful girl I have ever met in my life. And that is a total fact. No other person can replace her. Not even the richest girl in the face of the earth...and I am SERIOUS! I look on the inside than the out. Original saying, I know.

Alicia turns on the music and it starts to play. It sounds like rock 'n' roll music than pop. I didn't know Alix sung rock music. She is full of surprises. Alix's voice enlightens my soul as she sings with a delicate voice that fits the song.

I fell in love with a southern girl

I gave her wings

But she don't wanna fly no more

Slow it down

Slow it down

She wants a ring

And she's slamming the door

But baby don't cry

Whatcha in a hurry for

Slow it down

Slow it down

She makes perfect timing as she moves on to the next part and the rythm changes, but slightly.

We are wild and young

We have just begun

Slow it down you move a little too fast

Gotta take a deep breath and make it last

these should be the best days of your life

We are wild and young

A gentle smile comes across my face as I listen to the lovely Alix sing on. She sounds like a professional, trapped in a teenager's body. That's how good she is! For real!

Her free fall came

A little out of the blue

What happened to the days

Of doing what we wanted to do?

Slow it down

Slow it down

We should kick back

Just have a little fun

Two kids gettin' high

Have a couple beers in the sun

Slow it down

Slow it down

We are wild and young

We have just begun

We are wild and young

The bridge comes I believe and Alix allows the instrumental guitar solo to play. I chuckle quietly as I watch her swing her hips a little and and sway her hair around as she dances a little. She is the greatest dancer I have ever seen. She is even better than Chris Brown....so you should know that she is the best dancer. The solo comes to an end and Alix takes a small breath as she sings with complete and total feeling.

Slow it down you move a little too fast

Gotta take a deep breathe and make it last

These should be the best days of your life

We are wild and young

Whoa! Whoa! Whoa!

We are wild and young

The music ends and Alix takes off her headphones and smiles slightly. Alicia speaks into the mic. She clears her throat and looks at Alix on the other side.

"Alix Lapri" she begins. "That was the best thing I had ever heard. Congratulations."

Alicia's phone then rings and she excuses herself. She leaves out the recording studio to answer her call. At that moment, Alix leaves out her the booth and hurries over to us.

"What did you think?" asks she.

"Action speak" says Liam. "You were awesome!"

Alix smiles and high-fives each and every one of us. When she gets to me at the end, she wraps her arms around my neck and pulls me in. I feel my cheeks grow red as she hugs me. She releases and Harry speaks.

"When do you think we can do a duet?" asks Harry. Alix shrugs with a smile on her face.

I look at Harry. This is coming from the same person who was crushed when he discovered we had to sing a whole album with her a few days ago. What is going on with him? I hope he isn't...actually...no, that's silly. He doesn't like her like that. But why does it matter to me?

                                                               ~Liam's POV~

I think it is cute that Alix gave us all high-fives, but I envy the fact that Alix hugged Louis and not me. I feel my face grow a little light for a minute and then regain its strength. As I look at the way Alix smiles, I feel my whole world spin and tilt on some sort of tightrope. She is so pretty that it is ridicule! Yeah, I said it, ridicule! But in a good way!

I don't know how the boys would have reacted if they found out that I 'like' Alix Lapri. I mean, who wouldn't. She is in good physical shape, kind, funny, smart, and creative in her own ways. She is everything that a guy could ask for.

Alicia Keys walks back into the recording studio and tells Alix to come with her for a moment. Alix leaves the room and closes the door behind her.

"What do you think that was about?" asks Niall in his strong Irish accent.

"I don't know" I say. "Just don't worry about it. It is none of our concern."

"Hell Liam, why are you so agressive?" asks Zayn, looking at me. I sigh and roll my eyes a little.

"Sorry" I say. "I...am just tired."

"You sure?" asks Zayn.

"Yeah" I say. Louis then rubs my back and tells me that I will survive without one little nap. And that I have to stay awake until we sing with Alix.

That! The sound of her name makes my heart beats at the most strangest pace ever. ALix. That's why I am acting like this. She is the only thing on my mind at this moment. With her image in my head, she is all I am nearly dreaming about. Her eyes, her face, her stature, her dark brown skin, and her silky hair.

I guess it is clear. I, Liam Jame Payne am officially inlove with Alix Lapri.