Daddy issues

WARNING! This chapter contains minor spoilers to the game and a little disturbing scene! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

It was now September and over a year had passed since Ethan had returned to the castle. Rose was growing so fast and Alcina had given birth to a healthy baby boy who they gave the name Constantine. He had black hair and golden eyes, just like his mother. To everyones surprise, the boy was normal sized. Sure he was quite big but nothing out of the ordinary or anything that Ethan had expected. First tests provided by the BSAA turned out nothing but perhaps his powers would start to develop in the coming years.

The daughters were currently playing with Constantine and Rose while Ethan and Alcina inspected the wine garden. It was harvest time after all. "How is it going?" he asked. Alcina was teaching him about agriculture as part of his training in becoming a Count, but he still knew little.

Alcina looked away from the grapes and towards him. "Pretty good, I reckon. This season will be a good harvest. Take a closer look or have a taste for yourself, if you like."

He tasted one of the grapes and it simply tasted delicous. "Much different from grapes back in the States." The garden was quite lovely aside from the fact that the skeleton of men who fell victim to the Dimitrescus were used as scarecrows. On the outer walls, Ethan could see the guards keeping an eye on both him and Dimitrescu as well as anyone that might approach the castle without permission. They would scare them off and tell them that this was private property.

"Oh." Ethan heard Alcina say. She was standing in front of a dead vine and examined it. "A pity, this one didn't receive enough water." In the past, she would have killed the gardener for such a mistake. But not anymore. "No point in dwelling on it." she said,  extracting her claws and slicing the vine into pieces. The guards on the wall got nervous for a second but relaxed when they saw what was going on.

Ethan however got hit with a splinter and it got stuck in his finger. "Damn." he cursed.

Alcina noticed it and after Ethan pulled the splinter out, she offered her help. His finger was bleeding "Let me do that for you darling." she said and put his finger into her mouth before starting to suck his blood.

"God!" Ethan thought. "She looks so hot right now."

After a while he had to stop her, his finger was starting to feel numb from the the lack of blood. "Alcina I didn't know you could be so naughty." he told her.

His wife grinned. "That seems to be your influence."

He laughed. "I guess we influence each other."

"Indeed." she patted him. "I'll make a proper nobleman out of you yet."

"Be careful what you wish for. I might start speaking in a british accent." he teased her.

"Even better." she laughed.

When Ethan and Alcina played with Rose and their newborn son, he noticed the worried look on his wifes face. "What's on your mind, darling?" he asked her. She tried to play it off at first, but he insisted.

"I was born with a hereditary blood disease that is quite common in noble families: Hemophilia. And while woman are not affected by it, men are." she explained, looking at their son.

"Oh... I see."

She nodded. "I really hope he's going to be okay." She pressed the one-year old against her bosom.

"Hopefully he has inherited your though skin." he smiled, trying to cheer her up.

That seemed to work as she began to smile again. "Funny that you mention that. It is due to my blood disease that I grew so much and gained these incredible regenerative abilities when I was turned. No bullets can harm me now."