New Threat (Part 1)

"How is the chicken, father?" Rose asked Ethan during supper. She wore a victorian dress and her platinume blonde hair was combed perfectly. Her older sisters were equally presentable, proudly showing of the golden family crest on their chests.

 Her older sisters were equally presentable, proudly showing of the golden family crest on their chests

"Yes dear, it tastes amazing. And yours?"

"Very good." She turned to Alcina. "Mother, what does your human blood taste like?"

"Rosemary! You can't ask her that." her father protested. Rose and Constantine knew very well what their mother and sisters were but she usually didn't ask so bluntly about their "habits".

Alcina smiled and reassured her husband. "No, it's alright my darling. She is a curious girl after all. While I would usually agree with you, the dining table seems like a suitable place for this topic."

Ethan took another sip of his drink. It was wine mixed with Alcinas blood that granted him eternal life without turning into a vampire. After all, his blood would taste different if he was turned and Alcina wouldn't want that. After Alcina explained to Rose that she tasted blood different than humans do, Ethan turned to his other daughters. "Which one of you will be out hunting tonight?"

"Me, father." Cassandra said with a smile.

"Uh! Can I come too?" Constantine asked.

"Afraid not, you're too young." Ethan told him, patting his head gently. "You'll have to keep studying with your mother."

Constantine grunted but agreed. "Alright." By now the young boy turned out to be quite human in nature, aside from the incredibly though skin and regenerative abilities that he inherited from his mother. But he would age like a normal human and one day he and his sister Rose would be given the choice to become a vampire.

"You sure you're gonna be alright?" Ethan asked Cassandra. They were currently out in the woods hunting and she had just informed him that she wanted stay a while longer. She was also wearing her black dress, the same one that she used to wear when they first met. Nowadays they only wore these for their hunting trips or when the BSAA provided them with "special guests".

"Of course, father. There is nothing to worry about." she reassured him.

"Well the sun is coming up soon, so be quick."

Cassandra rolled her eyes. She might have accepted him as a father long ago but she still hated it when he treated her like a baby. "That isn't my first time hunting alone. I know when it's time to return."

"I know I'm just worried about you, alright? I love you."

"Love you too, father." she smiled and flew away, looking for her next prey. Ethan took the three rabbits he shot and returned to the castle. Not the best results, but it would be enough for lunch.

It didn't take long before Cassandra found something: a deer. Transforming into a swarm of flies, she flew over to it. The deer was surprised and got confused, but he didn't take the flies as a sign of danger. That was, until the flies materialised into a human again but at that point, it was too late. The vampire girl cut the deers throat with her sickle and then sliced it's belly open.