Treasure Hunt

"You damn vampire pirates won't get away from the King's Navy!" Rosemary shouted in a commanding tone as she played with Daniela on their giant, selfmade pirate ship. She was wearing a old officer uniform that was a little to big for her.

"You never take me alive!" Daniela said playing her role and tried to avoid being captured by her sister, climbing around on the ship.

And all the while, Ethan was watching from the podium and smiling the whole time. They were currently in Alcinas old atelier where Rosemary and Constantine, with the help of their father, had build a pirate ship. A hull, masts, even a plank. Truly a work of art and even after all these years, the children loved to play with it. Even Bela, Cassandra and Daniela would join them from time to time.

For now, he was just watching silently to make sure they wouldn't get hurt. Especially Rosemary. It was agreed that she would be turned on her 20th Birthday so until then, she was just a vulnerable human being. He also was making sure that they wouldn't break anything.

Alcina came in through the door and sighed when she saw her kids playing. "Cildren. You are far too old for these kind of plays."

"Nonsense, Mother." the 15 year old Rosemary argued. "We will be young forever, thanks to you."

Alcina shot her daughter an angry look. "Careful what you wish for." she muttered. "I may change my decision."

"Oh Mother, you are such a killjoy." Daniela said, jumping off the ship.

Alcina growled and rolled her eyes. Perhaps she shouldn't have turned their children at such a young age. She loved them all of course, but hated it when they didn't act properly or even worse, misbehaved. She clapped her hands together a couple of times. "It's almost time for bed, so chop chop."

"Awww." Daniela and Rosemary said, but they obeyed. "Yes Mother."

Alcina nodded and finally smiled. "Good girls."

Daniela followed her Mother out of the door but Rose stayed behind with Ethan. "Well you heard her." he said, walking down the stairs from the podium.

"Alright." Rose said and her voice changed. She played captain again. "You heard the Admiral, men! All hands on deck, we are going to port."

Ethan's heart warmed as he saw his child being so happy. This was the best thing in the world for him, aside from being Alcinas husband of course.

Rosemary rang the new ship bell that was fixiated to the Main mast earlier today. Then suddenly, a loud clicking sound emerged.

Both Father and daughter stared in awe as the giant paiting of Alcina, that was hanging at the wall, opened up and revealed a secret passageway. The sound of the bell must have triggered the mechanism.

"Another one?" Ethan asked himself. He remembered the day where he and Bela had found the dagger three years ago very well.

"Dad what is this?" Rose asked and climped down the ships hull.

"Well this is a very old castle...."

"Build in 1442 by Igor Dimitrescu I." Rose stated and smiled at her father, showing of her memory and the things she learned.

"Clever girl." he smiled and patted her head. "And a very old castle like this one hides many secrets even your mother doesn't know."

"Perhaps it hides a treasure? Like the time you and Bela found that dagger in the tower." she suggested.

Ethan wasn't sure how to react but seeing her dughters expression, he knew what he had to do. "What do you say we do a little exploring before you go to bed, hm?"