Chapter 5

Birds of Paradise: Joyfulness
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

Throughout the day, I kept receiving hilarious texts from Levi. Harley kept asking me what I was smiling at, but I didn't know if I could tell her about my newfound friendship with the superstar. She seemed slightly offended at my secretiveness, making me feel bad, but she stayed quiet, probably thinking that it was a secret like one of my other one's. I kept seeing her hurt expressions, so I decided to tell her the truth.

"Listen, I know that you're hurt that I'm not telling you what's wrong, but the thing is, I'm not sure if the person with the secret would allow me to tell you, so I just need to confirm it with him-"

"Wait, wait. Did you just say... him?! Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!"

I laughed at her enthusiasm. She had always wanted me to have a love interest, and fall in love with some handsome prince. She never pressurized me a lot because she knew about my past experience with a man.

However, that didn't mean that she wasn't making me try to murder her in her sleep because of her asking me to pick up any hot guy that I had seen too many times. Thankfully, I was more detail oriented, and hadn't found a person who I liked as more than just a friend. To be completely honest, I never really tried to find someone.

I patted her on her back and said, "It's not what you think Harley. I mean, he's cute, nice, charming and kind, but it's too early for me to jump to conclusions and start crushing on him like a twelve year old girl."

She rolled her eyes at me, her dark gray orbs sparkling as she did so.

"Listen, falling in love with someone doesn't mean that you're gonna be all giggly and flirty with that person. In fact, when it comes to you, I hardly think that that's what's going to happen. I mean, I would expect you to blush all the time, hide your face and act more shy than you already are."

Once she said that, my jaw dropped, and my cheeks reddened at her insanely accurate prediction of what I would do. At that moment, I felt like Harley knew me a little too well. I mean, how could she picture exactly what I had acted like in front of Levi?

She saw my expression, and instantly started to laugh, knowing that she wasn't far from my real behavior in front of him. Thankfully, I managed to steer the conversation in a different direction, and Harley was soon talking about her next trip to the grocery store to get some food in her fridge.

Not too long later, she had left for the class she had to give at the gymnasium. Since I was free, I decided to head out to the grocery store and shop for myself. Quickly making a list, getting ready and abandoning my car to walk to the store, I found myself lost in the beautiful weather.

Soon, I was walking inside the small supermarket. Oddly enough, I found a familiar looking black hoodie clad guy walking straight towards me. My eyes widened as I recognized him. What the hell was Levi Jaxon doing here?! Oh right, he lived super close to me. He must have come to shop for some stuff. As he took long strides towards me, I found myself holding my breath.

Once he reached me, he smiled, and said, "Well, I didn't expect to see you here. Are you also trying to restock your empty fridge?"

Smiling, I nodded, and showed him my grocery list. He pulled out two carts, handing one to me, and taking one for himself.

"Let's shop!"

I followed him into the store, chatting with him, and grabbing things from the racks as we moved in and out of the aisles. I asked him if I could tell Harley about my friendship with him, and he instantly agreed, probably because of me mentioning that she was my best friend over a hundred times. I found myself staring at Levi's slightly bulging muscles every once in a while.

Just like the way he walked, all of his movements were graceful, and seemingly calculated. He talked about the most random things ever, occasionally flirting, and making my cheeks turn red. I could tell that he noticed, because his lips would turn up into a smirk every few minutes or so.

Once we had gotten everything we needed, we walked towards the counter, and checked all the items out ourselves, paying for our respective things. Levi lead me out of the store, piling his things into the back of his Aston Martin. I couldn't say that I didn't judge him to the moon and back for taking so much care to hide his appearance, but traveling everywhere in a literal magnet of attention. Also known as an Aston Martin. Still, I kept my mouth shut. Not that I had to force myself to. I was too shy to say anything, and let him do all the talking.

He offered to drive me back to my house, and I declined. With a little bit of arguing, he agreed. Not that he could force me into the car anyway. I might have been a shy, introverted person, but after my encounter with "he who shall not be named", I had taken on some karate, and was ready to roundhouse kick any f*cker back to his mothers womb.

As I walked along the streets, I enjoyed the slight, summer breeze that was keeping me cool, and the scene of the beautiful sky, slowly turning pink, yellow and orange as the sun hid itself beneath the horizon. Strangely enough, the bright colors reminded me of the one who wore nothing but black.

No matter how much I wanted to think otherwise, I could already feel my brain submitting to the sincerity that he had shown, and trusting him. Slowly, but surely. And the prospect of trusting a man terrified me like nothing had before.

Done! Please scroll down and continue to read! BUT WAIT!!! Before you go, don't forget to comment and vote. Let me know if you're liking the book so far. Love you!