Chapter 19

Acacia:Concealed Love
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁

Zoe's POV

I rushed to Celine's side, instantly enveloping her in a hug. At first, she stiffened, but her warm arms soon wound around me. Through her tears, she kept whispering "I'm so sorry!" in my ear. What was she sorry about? Crying? The thought made me hold onto her even tighter than before.

Once she had cried her heart out, she instantly apologized, got up and rushed out of the room before I could stop her, or ask any questions. My mind was still in a complete state of shock, and I sat on the couch, trying to think of what I was supposed to do. Only then did I realize. Levi had stormed out of the house!

I got up, rushing to my room to get my phone. As I speed-walked out of the apartment, I instantly began dialing Levi's number, only to hear his phone ring inside the living room. Dang it! That doofus had left his phone in the house! What good was the flashy thing if he didn't have it at the right time?! I looked all around my street, finding him nowhere, and getting more worried by the second. Then, a thought popped into my head, and I walked right back into the apartment building.

As I quickly pressed the elevator button for the roof, I realized how loudly my heart was pounding. Levi had really gotten into my heart, hadn't he? The fact that I was searching for him knowing full well that he was probably suffering through one of his I.E.D attacks seemed stupid, but extraordinary to me. But I put the negative thoughts aside, having a a plan ready in my head to save him and myself.

Walking onto the roof, I instantly saw Levi's quivering form, as he smashed bottle after bottle of someone's empty alcohol bottle stash (the guy was surely a drunkard) on the floor. Like any other roof of a building, this one was also grey, with pipes running up and down the cement floor.

I carefully walked towards Levi, yelling out to inform him that I was also on the roof. He turned around, his narrowed eyes set on me as he breathed heavily. He was clearly having an attack. I held my arms out, walking closer to him, my steps slow and steady.

He had stopped throwing the bottles, and was watching me with confusion as I walked towards him, the broken glass crunching beneath my feet. And before anything could go wrong, I pulled him into a hug. He stiffened with surprise, but his anger clearly hadn't subsided.

So, I grabbed a bottle, held it out to him, and whispered, "Here. Throw it. Throw it at the floor and let your anger out."

To my complete surprise, he didn't grab it and continue with his bottle smashing.

In fact, he whispered, "The shards will strike your back. Get away from me Zoe. I'll hurt you."

I was probably stupid to have continued to do what I was doing, but I didn't take my hands away from him.

Instead, I said,"No you won't. You promised that you won't. And I trust you. Please let me keep the trust that I have in you, Levi. Please?"

His breaths had already been getting back to normal, and when I said what I did, he heaved a huge sigh of god knows what emotion, and calmed down. His arms wound around my waist, and I could feel his tense muscles relaxing. He buried his face in my neck, and inhaled deeply, making me blush.

As we continued to stay in the position that we were in, I looked up at the sky, seeing the stars shining brightly, twinkling at us. The beautiful sky was a deep, royal blue, and hundreds of stars littered it, painting the scene with sparkling lights.

Soon, Levi was also looking up at the sky. Both of us had smiles on our faces, enjoying the beautiful night, and forgetting about the horrific scene that had just occurred. I looked back down, just to see Levi looking at me with a smile on his face. My blush bloomed, painting my face a deep shade of red that couldn't be seen in the moonlight.

Our extreme proximity was making my heart pound. Levi's face was barely an inch away from mine, and before I could process what was happening, his face was inching towards me, his lips millimeters away from mine. And when his soft lips landed on mine, my eyes closed.

His lips were moulded into mine, a perfect fit in a puzzle. The soft motion of his lips moving against mine left me breathless, and a sudden burst of tingles ran down my spine, making me shiver.

As he gently left my lips, I felt my eyes staying closed for a second longer, trying to process the exact thing that had just happened. And when my eyes opened, all I could see in his blue one's was love. Love that was previously concealed. Once again, his lips were on mine, but this time, he wasn't so gentle.

This time, my eyes stayed open, wide from shock and surprise. The blush on my cheeks never left. In fact, it brightened even more. Well, thank goodness Levi couldn't see it. Not that I noticed anyway. I was too busy trying to keep up with Levi's demanding lips.

He had pushed me further up against his body, one of his arms around my waist, and the other on the back of my head as he made me lean back.

When he finally let go, he smirked, saying, "I like your swollen lips and blushing cheeks, love."

Oh lord...

Doneeeee! This chappie was so hard to write, because my stupid self cut my hand when I was cutting an onion. Anywho, hope you guys enjoyed it! I felt like you deserved this relatively nice chapter after all the drama. Did you like it? Let me know in the comments, and make sure to press the star icon. Love you guys! Peace out!