Chapter 50

Red rose:I love you
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

I was stuffing my bag with everything I would need, and applying insane amounts of sunscreen all over my body. We were going to the beach, and I did not want to look like a rotten tomato with flaky skin.

I was stuffing my bag, throwing in my towel, extra sunscreen, snacks and a water bottle. I was already wearing my swimming suit, and had a floral cover-up on top. Before I could continue to act like a hoarder at a hotel and throw more stuff in my abused bag, I was dragged out of the room by Harley.

"Hurry yourselves up! My ice cream is melting.", Jacob shouted, making Harley glare at the door.

Thankfully, she didn't lunge at him like a hungry gorilla, and we soon made our way outside, stuffing ourselves in Jacob's car. The poor, unsuspecting fellow had no idea about the sandstorm that would soon be his car, and for one reason or another, all of us stayed quiet about it.

Levi got in beside me, smiling at me. He pulled me up beside him, and put his arm around my shoulder. Harley connected her phone to the Bluetooth, and soon, she was blasting loud, inappropriate songs. I had a hard time not bursting out laughing as Jacob threw his head around like a complete diva at Taylor's "Look What You Made Me Do", and feared my life a couple of times when he almost hit the cars around us.

Thankfully, we were at the beach before anything of the like could happen. Levi and I stumbled out of the car, not being able to take any more of Harley and Jacob ruining some amazing songs, and ran towards the beautiful, crystal clear water, taking off our flip-flops, and running hand in hand.

As I felt the sand beneath my toes, I looked towards Levi. He was smiling and laughing, running at a fast pace and dragging me along with him. His contagious laugh made me smile, and I looked towards the water once more, wanting to jump right in.

Soon, we were only about a meter away from the water, and Levi had thrown his shirt off, making me follow his lead and take off my cover-up. The two of us left them in the sand, not caring that we would have to go home with sandy clothes, and ran inside the water, instantly feeling the cool liquid coming up around our ankles.

I stopped right there, about to shriek at the cold feeling, but Levi grabbed me, holding me in his arms. I only had a second to close my eyes and my mouth before Levi ran further out into the water, plunged himself inside, taking me along with him. I could feel the cool water around my body, and I quickly got back up, gasping and squinting.

The sun was shining straight into my eyes, and having salty water in them didn't help with the squinting. Quickly trying to recover from my temporary blindness, I shot a devilish glare at Levi. To say that he seemed gobsmacked was an understatement. I mean, the expression was valid. I usually never got angry, and glaring was one of the things that I almost never did.

I tried to hide my smile as I charged after him. He yelped, starting to run away from me. Thankfully, the water slowed him down, and I swam over to him in no time at all, being a fish on land. I could see him jump as I grabbed his ankle, and used it to push myself up.

In a second, I was standing right in front of him, about two inches away from his face. I grabbed a handful of water and threw it at his face, giggling like a maniac. I could see him closing his eyes, and his lips turning into a frown as he tasted the salty water. His expression was so hilarious, I couldn't help but burst out laughing, desperately trying to swim away from him.

I splashed through the water, hearing him say, "You can't get away, Zoe! I'll catch you one way or another."

I didn't pay heed to what he had said, only knowing that he was coming after me, and swimming as fast as I could. I kicked my legs extremely fast, spraying him in the face. I could hear him laugh, and the splashes got louder, signaling that he was even closer to me.

Before I could say a word, I was grabbed by my wrist, turned around, and my lips instantly attached themselves on another pair. My eyes widened, and I saw Levi's closed eyes just a centimeter away from my own, my eyelashes brushing him. He made me lean back, putting me in the water along with himself.

The familiar feeling of sparks running down my spine made an appearance, and I could feel my eyes closing. I enjoyed every second of the kiss.

I loved him. I truly did. And other than for my parents, I had never felt such a strong bond towards anyone.

His every word, his every touch, his every smirk. It all made me feel alive inside. In the past, it made me feel like I had an actual beating heart inside me that wasn't broken, and at that moment, it was reminding me that my broken heart had been mended. That the strings had been strengthened, and were now ropes.

I loved him so much, it hurt.

And I was so proud of everything we had learned from each other, our decisions and all the things that we had gotten over.

The flowers.

The fame.

And most importantly, the unforeseen facades.

Ahhhh, I'm crying! I can't believe it finished! To anyone who has joined me on this insanely joyful, amazing and beautiful journey, I love you so much! I truly do! All of your support, sweet comments and votes have brought a huge smile on my face every single day!

So, thank you! Thank you so much! I hand you all a red rose, because I love you! Also, this isn't the end! Make sure to stay tuned for the epilogue, explanation and tag! I love you guys so much! Peace out!