Chapter 12

Lilium:Embarrassment
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

I was already regretting my decision as I walked inside my apartment, Levi and Jacob guffawing at a stupid joke behind me. As soon as I was in the living room, I felt a human being jumping on me, and I instantly knew it was Harley because of the hair that made my vision full of red, curled lines. I hugged her back, trying to breathe as she almost choked me. Only then did she see the two idiots behind me.

She screamed loudly, and shouted, "Levi! You motherf*cker! What are you doing here?! You're not allowed to be here anymore. Oh, and who's the handsome hunk behind you?"

I could hear Jacob choking on the chips that he was munching on.

Levi cleared his throat, and said, "Well, Zoe forgave me. I'll explain why and how later, but for now, we need some rooming arrangements."

I could see Harley's eyes widening, but she soon smirked, and said, "As long as Mr. Hot Shot over their rooms with me, I have no problem."

This time, I could see Jacob's face flushing, and he started to scratch the back of his head, shrugging. Oh my god! Was he attracted to Harley? Well, if he was, this was totally going to be a rollercoaster for the both of them. I was already shipping them together.

Jacob sheepishly said,"I wouldn't mind that..."

Harley's eyes lit up, and she grabbed his arm, whisking him away to her apartment. Suddenly, she turned around, her eyes narrowed.

She let go of Jacob's arm and walked up to Levi, saying, "Explain everything. Right now."

Levi's face remained stone cold, and he told her the entire story. At first, Harley was listening with her eyebrows furrowed, and a glare on her face, but that soon softened up into a thankful look. She hugged him, whispering something in his ear that I couldn't quite make out.

Once he nodded, she went back to being the overexcited person that she was a few minutes ago, grabbed Jacob's arm again, and walked out, waving at us. I knew exactly what she was planning to do with Jacob, and I did not want to think about it.

I turned towards Levi, who was looking at me with an unfathomable emotion in his eyes.

I looked downwards, not meeting his eyes, and said, "Um... my sofa can turn into a bed, so I guess you can sleep there. I'm sorry, but I don't have any other options for you to choose from."

He grabbed my shoulders, and tilted my face up so I was looking straight into his eyes.

"Zoe, the fact that you're letting me stay here is more than enough. You don't need to do anything else, trust me."

I nodded at him, smiling slightly.

"Would you like to eat something? I can order us some pizza."

He nodded, and grabbed the phone. I watched him as he ordered. His side profile was more perfect than mine could ever be. Unlike what I had thought, I wasn't uncomfortable with him being in my house in the slightest. It felt normal, like how it did when he used to come over before... the fiasco.

Yet again, I could feel the butterflies in my stomach rising, clearly signifying that I had a crush on him. There was no denying it. I had it, and I couldn't do anything about it. I mean, it's not like I had a choice. I couldn't exactly poop the butterflies out.

The two of us spent our time watching T.V. I had called one of my friends and asked her to lock the shop and put a closed sign on it. Levi said that it was better to stay at my house for the day, and preferably the next one too. I agreed to stay home for the day, because I'd already wasted the entire afternoon and evening, but I was adamant on going to it the next day. My customers would be waiting for me, and I liked my job.

Once the pizza had arrived, the two of us ate the entire thing. I was extremely hungry, and nothing could've satisfied me more than a delicious, stringy-cheesed, hot pizza. Soon after we both decided to go to sleep.

I quickly gave him the sheets for his "bed", showed him around the house, gave him a spare toothbrush and got ready for bed myself. After brushing my teeth and changing into my pajama shorts and camisole, I fell asleep, thinking about the fact that the superstar who had managed to make me fall for him without even knowing it was in my living room.

Unfortunately, I woke up not even three hours after I had slept. It was two in the morning, and I had a hard time not slapping myself for waking up in the middle of a beautifully peaceful sleep. No, I am not a masochist, but it happens every once in a while. I got out of bed, slipping my feet into my bunny slippers, and went outside.

For some reason, the room was pretty cold. I didn't bother to look towards Levi, because since he didn't have any clothes with him, he was probably in his boxers. I did not need to turn into a tomato in the middle of the night.

Quickly walking into the kitchen, I poured myself a glass of water. My throat was as dry as the Sahara desert, so I gulped the water down with surprising speed. Only then did I notice the open doors of the balcony.

I walked towards it, wanting to close it, just to Levi standing there, his elbows resting on the railing, and his body bent down. His almost naked body. He only had boxer briefs on. I squeaked loudly, but for some reason, Levi didn't turn around. In fact, he seemed to stiffen.

I walked closer to him, trying to stand next to him and desperately trying to ignore his muscular back. As I reached the railing, I looked at his face, just to see him breathing heavily. And when he turned towards me with a livid look in his eyes, I knew.

I was in a whole lot of danger.

Oops- Sorry for the cliffhanger! XD Anyway, thank you so much for reading so far. Are you guys enjoying the book? Should I change anything? Let me know in the comments. Also, please click that little star icon if you enjoyed this chapter. Love you guys! Peace out!