Chapter 44

White Orchid: "I miss you"
❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁❁
Zoe's POV

~1 year later~

I walked out of Miss Clara's office, feeling thrilled, but sad at the same time. I had been having therapy sessions for a year, and to say they were effective was an understatement. I barely had panic attacks anymore, and had let go of my past. Miss Clara said that I had come a long way, and she was proud of me. To be honest, I was proud of myself too. I was happy with the decision that I had made a year ago.

Alyssa and I were on good terms. We didn't go back to being the deeply loving sisters that we were before, but we were able to talk to each other, eat together and do some other sisterly things without me wanting to throw her out of my life. In my eyes, that was terrific, because I had never expected to get this far.

Celine had kept contacting me, telling me exciting stories about her adventures with Levi on his tour. The two of them were having a blast. At least that's what it sounded like whenever Celine called me.

I got in my car, turning the keys in the ignition. I made my way home, keeping the window open, as always. Some habits never leave you, I guess. On the way, I stopped by the flower shop, since it was close to my house. It was exactly the same. The interior was the exact same, the business was still going smoothly and I was still enjoying myself.

As I saw the counter, I smiled. It reminded me of Levi. It was the first time that we had met. I missed him so much. The last year had taught me just how much I was depending on him, and how much I truly loved him. Yes, love. I had gone over my feelings a billion times, and hadn't found a single reason for me to not love him.

He was an amazing person. Selfless, nice, kind, brave and every other good adjective in the world. I mean, that's how I saw him. He was everything I had ever wanted, and everything I would ever need, and I loved him with all of my heart.

Recently, I had been fully alert at all times, expecting Levi to come home at any moment. A year had already passed, and his tour was finished. It had finished a few days ago. I watched him on the T.V, seeing him give a huge thank you and goodbye speech to his fans. I could see the passion in his eyes, and the love that he had for his fans.

I was waiting for him, trying to be patient. The thought of seeing his handsome form again made a bunch of butterflies appear in my stomach. I missed him so much. He was in my mind all the time. The words that he had last said to me had turned into a song in my head, playing itself repeatedly. And I was incredibly frustrated at myself for not giving him an answer right away.

Soon, I was in front of my house, parking my car in the parking lot. I got out of the car, feeling the cool, fresh air hit my face. A smile made it's way across my face at the soothing feeling of the light breeze tickling my face.

Over the last twelve months, I had been focusing on myself in a way that I never had before. I had discovered my passion for nature, and had participated in several projects, helping the planet become the green, healthy one that we once knew again. Because of my hard work, feeling the fresh air on my face and knowing that I was doing my best to help preserve it brought some relief to me.

I walked inside the building, instantly pressing the elevator button to reach my floor. It had been a long day, and I was ready to quickly eat dinner, and sleep. I had worked at the flower shop, had lunch with Alyssa, gone to my therapy session and even had tea with Harley and Jacob.

The two were in a committed relationship that included a lot of food, making out, more food and staring. I was doing pretty good as a third wheel, supporting Harley's relationship, and helping the two in their decision making. 

Their first date was the cutest thing I'd ever seen. Jacob had bent down on one knee at a beautiful garden that Harley had been taken to (by yours truly) right after work, and with a burger in his hand, which I'm assuming was the proposal ring, he proceeded to ask her if she would go on a date with him. Harley had squealed out a "yes", taken a bite out of the burger, made herself up and enjoyed the date to it's fullest.

The two had a beautiful relationship, but to be honest, it was super hard seeing them. Since Levi wasn't with me, I always felt a little sad. But I brushed it off, telling myself that it was my idea to separate us in the first place. All in all, I was happy for my best friend, and happy for Jacob. The two were perfect for each other.

I quickly got inside my apartment, instantly changing and washing my hands, before heading to the kitchen to make myself some food. I had decided to make some lasagna, one of my favorite dishes since that was the first dish Levi had ever made for me. Soon, the dish was ready to go in the oven.

As I sat on the sofa, waiting for the lasagna to be cooked, I opened my phone, scrolling through my pictures to find one of Levi. I looked down at his image, with him performing in a black, silk shirt, and black jeans, one of his performance in Paris. My heart fluttered inside my chest.

"I miss you.", I whispered to myself, as if he was somehow listening to me.

Suddenly, the doorbell rang.

Done! And yup! We're back to having cliffhangers! Did you miss them? XD Also, make sure to comment, vote and share! Let me know if you liked the chapter! Love you guys! Peace out!