Mamihlapinatapei

The world was black, and all I could feel was warm nimble hands on my head, arms, and on my side. I could hear voices whispering in the corner, while I sat being prodded with someone's fingers on my skull.

Whimpering slightly as I tried to wake myself... I could hear both Adad and Filis voices on the other side of the room, as I tried to stur myself, I let out a small whimper. Trying to rub my still closed eyes, I felt a hand on mine, It was very warm...

groaning finally and opening my eyes finally I saw the face of both Adad and Filis face was filled with shock and terror.

"Madi, what the hell! Why didn't you tell me that you were in pain?" sitting up and sighing I looked back at the voice that had scolded me. Looking back at Fili's face I could tell that he had been crying because his face was swollen and slightly pink...Mahal, had I made him cry?

Looking at Adad I could also see that I had caused him distress over my injuries, for his expression said it all, I had taken at least another year off of his life by collapsing like that...

Looking to my left I saw that Lindir sat next to me with a sickish Look to him, he looked wobbly as if he had given me over half of his energy.

"What happened to me?" I gasped as I attempted to sit up. Standing up to help me up, Lindir told me that I had broken my ribs, which had punctured my lung, and gotten a concussion.

I could tell that with every word Lindir had said, Dad's face got more scared. Both of their hands gripped the hand rest, their knuckles had turned white and I felt as If that damned troll had picked me up and crushed me again.

Yet I  felt as If I had slept in days, energized and starving

()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

"Try It! Just a mouth full."

The plate of green on my plate looked appetizing surprisingly, for all My dad would cook was the meat of some sort.

Picking up his bowl and inspecting the bottom searching for his meat. After finding no such thing he glared over at Elrond and said in a not-so-hushed tone, "Wheres the meat?"

"Have they got any chips?" Ori asked

The music from around the elves had made me realize that the rest had found a reason to hate them, even their music.

"I can't say I fancy elf maidens myself, too thin they're all high cheekbone and creamy skin. Not enough facial hair for me, but that one it isn't bad!" Kili whispered in adad and his the general direction, realizing what, and who, he was talking about, I just about spin out my water all over the table.

"That's not an elf maiden, laddie," Adad said with a stoak expression.

Laughs erupted from either side of the table at his foolishness as I too laughed, tears streaming down my laughing cheeks.

Another Elf lady sauntered over to Oin and played her flute next to him, hating the 'ruckus' she was making he shoved a napkin in his hearing trumpet to muddle the sound.

"Change the tune why don't you?-" snapped nori as he attempted to rid the area of their 'odd music'."-I feel like I am at a funeral." pushing his fingers in his ears like a child I clapped my hands together happily, "all right lads, there is only one thing for it!"

Letting my chair squeak against the floor to gather everyone's attention, I jumped up on a block. extending my hand and starting the tune I got claps and whistles encouraging me to continue the song.

In the merry month of June from my home I started
Left the girls of Tuam nearly broken hearted
Saluted Father dear, kissed me darling mother
Drank a pint of beer, me grief and tears to smother
Then off to reap the corn, leave where I was born
Cut a stout blackthorn to banish ghosts and goblins
A brand new pair of brogues, rattlin' o'er the bogs
Frightenin' all the dogs on the rocky road to Dublin

One two three four five
Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!

In Mullingar that night I rested limbs so weary
Started by daylight me spirits bright and airy
Took a drop of the pure
Keep me heart from sinking
That's the Paddy's cure whenever he's on drinking
To see the lassies smile, laughing all the while
At me curious style, 'twould set your heart a bubblin'
An' asked if I was hired, wages I required
'Till I was nearly tired of the rocky road to Dublin

One two three four five
Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!

In Dublin next arrived, I thought it such a pity
To be soon deprived a view of that fine city
Well then I took a stroll, all among the quality
Bundle it was stole, all in a neat locality
Something crossed me mind, when I looked behind
No bundle could I find upon me stick a wobblin'
Enquiring for the rogue, said me Connaught brogue
Wasn't much in vogue on the rocky road to Dublin

One two three four five
Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!

From there I got away, me spirits never falling
Landed on the quay, just as the ship was sailing
The Captain at me roared, said that no room had he
When I jumped aboard, a cabin found for Paddy
Down among the pigs, played some funny rigs
Danced some hearty jigs, the water round me bubbling
When off Holyhead wished meself was dead
Or better far instead
On the rocky road to Dublin

One two three four five
Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!

The boys of Liverpool, when we safely landed
Called meself a fool, I could no longer stand it
Blood began to boil, temper I was losing
Poor old Erin's isle they began abusing
"Hurrah me soul!" says I, me shillelagh I let fly
Some Galway boys were nigh and saw I was a hobble in
With a loud "Hurray!" joined in the affray
We quickly cleared the way for the rocky road to Dublin

One two three four five
Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!

Hunt the Hare and turn her down the rocky road
And all the way to Dublin, Whack fol lol le rah!
Whack fol lol le rah!

People spun me in every direction as the song had radiated from me to every dwarf present...

                                                                ELROND'S POV
"Gandalf this is utter chaos!" I groaned slightly handing back Thorin his sword. Dwarves spun around dancing around with each other, but there was a difference between the others and how the girl and the blonde dwarf dances, they spun as If the world was going to fall after they stopped. They both looked at each other with great love, yet they looked as if they would never utter those words...

looking back at the laughing Gandalf I smiled and uttered," Mamihlapinatapei?"

Thinking and clutching his staff even though he sat, my old friend nodded.

"What In Durins name Is Mamihlapinatapei?" Thorin asked

Looking back at the king I smiled," Mamihlapinatapei is an elvish word for, A wordless, yet meaningful look between two people who both desire to initiate something, but both are too scared to initiate anything themselves..."

Thank you so much for reading this chapter and bearing with me when it comes to my writing schedule! I know it is hectic and I want you all to know that I love you all!