Chapter 13: Rumors

Madison's POV

I threw my plate down at the lunch table fuming.

"If one more person says something about Avery I'll–"

"Hey, what's up with Avery? Did she really give you something?" Ike said, sitting down at the table. I glared at him, leaning over the table.

"Issac, I'll rip your balls off." I growled at him. He put his hands up in surrender. Everyone at the table stared at me.

"Sorry, I was just curious." He mumbled. "Sheesh woman, you kinda crazy." I sighed and sat down.

"For the thousandth time, Avery didn't give me anything. It's just rumors and I need to know who started it." I spoke loudly, hoping enough people heard me.

"I mean, who hates Avery?" Frankie asked, shoving food down his throat. I almost smiled, it reminded me of Avery. Damn I wish she was here, but I understood why she wouldn't be.

"The people from her old school, Gabriel... she didn't really mention anyone else." Xander said. "I mean, you did break up with Gabriel this weekend, didn't you?" I nodded, biting my lip. I glanced at Viktor and he glared at me. I rolled my eyes ignoring him.

I wasn't worried about him. But if he had something to do with this rumor, I'd–

"You broke up with Gabriel?" Luis asked, amazed. "Wow, I'd been trying to get you to leave him for the longest and here comes Avery. What's so good about Avery?" He mumbled. I ignored him, blushing a bit.

"Anyway, yeah. I also kinda told him... everything." Xander raised his eyebrow.

"Like everything, everything?" I nodded, biting my lip. "You wanna go?" Xander asked, obviously pissed.

"I'm game if you are." Everyone looked at us confused.

"Are you two going to fuck?" Frankie asked, slowly. Xander and I both blushed and shook our heads quickly.

"No!" I yelled.

"I'd uhh, she's not my type." He mumbled, scratching his head. "I'll be back for practice." He was still embarrassed and so was I honestly. That was just weird.

We both walked out of the cafeteria silently.

"I won't make it weird if you don't." He told me, his face still red. "I kinda like someone else."

"Yeah... that's fine." I remember Avery saying something about him fucking one of my friends. I wonder which one.

The two of us got in his truck and drove to Gabriel's apartment. I knew for a fact that he should've been home at this time. I knew his class schedule for the semester.

We got there and his car was in the parking lot.

"Got a plan?" Xander asked me. I shook my head.

"For what? I'm just gonna ask if he did it."

"Okay... cool enough. But like I got this okay?" I rolled my eyes and got out of his truck. I'd protect Avery, I felt like it was my job. I promised her.

I walked to the door of his apartment, knocking loudly.

He opened the door while saying who is it. Stupid.

"Wow. Coming back to beg for me?" He smirked. It left when he saw Xander behind me. "Okay, what is this?" I pushed him into the house, my fist grabbed his shirt, pushing him against his wall.

"Did you spread rumors about Avery and I?"

"Great job... letting me handle it. But you got it." Xander mumbled.