Chapter 14: Date Night

Avery's POV

I loved being with Madison again. No, we weren't officially together yet, but that'd be coming soon, I was sure. Madison told me she wanted to be the one to ask. We'd been on a couple of dates since coming back together, I was waiting on her to ask.

I loved going out with her, just having time with her. We're taking it slow, no kissing or having sex. Just a lot of flirting and enjoying our time together. I think she's scared to rush into anything, and I understand that.

Tonight was game night, thankfully Madison would be at this game.

I think Javier would be coming. He and I had begun to talk more since that day we went to six flags. He still gets in these moods sometimes where he acts like he doesn't want anything to do with me. I know he's just struggling right now.

I asked PaPa and Dad about having him move in with us. I think that's one of his problems. But I did really want him to see me play.

"Don't tell me you're nervous again. This is your fifth game of the season." Madison told me. I rolled my eyes and grabbed her hand under our shared desk table.

"More like excited for tonight. I can't wait to take you out." She smiled and looked down at our hands, rubbing her thumb across the back of mine. I felt a flutter in my stomach each time her thumb went across.

"I'm excited too. But, I'm taking you out." I smiled and shrugged. We had a deal that I'd pick the place but she'd pay. Little did she know, where we were going was free. I was antsy, ready to get together. Like I said, I think she wanted to make sure I really wanted it. But, I loved her, I wanted her to be mine.

"You're the cutest." I poked her nose and laid down.

"You're gonna call me cute then go to sleep? Why don't you ever do your work in this class?" I groaned.

"You being cute and me sleeping are not related. And I'm only tired because I went to your house."

"I didn't tell you to."

"But you wanted me to!" I argued back and she narrowed her eyes at me. I narrowed mine back and she plucked my forehead. "You're only arguing with me so I can stay awake. You act like I don't know your tricks."

"Fine, go to sleep." I smiled and closed my eyes, still holding one of her hands under the table.

The bell rang, pulling me out of my sleep. Madison stood, letting go of my hand and getting her stuff ready.

"Aww, you held my hand while I slept." She blushed and I grinned. "You're so cute." She raised her eyebrow and pursed her lips. She pulled the top of my shirt and wiped my lip.

"You were drooling." I frowned and wiped at it after her.

"That's embarrassing." I muttered, following her out of the class. I smiled as I saw her wearing the jersey shirt she'd made last night. I helped her out with it. It was so cute on her.

"Hey Avery." A girl said as she passed by me. I smiled.

"Hey, how's it going." She smirked at me, checking me out. A few guys nodded to me and girls watched me. Don't get me wrong, I don't attract a lot of attention. Well, that's what I think. Madison feels like I do.

"You're getting more and more popular." Madison told me. "Girls are really starting to like you. I even see Michaela's wearing your jersey." I shrugged. Michaela wanted to be friends, but I hadn't talked to Madison about it yet. It seemed a little weird. Madison didn't like her, or trust her and I understood why. But she seemed alright to me.