Chapter 6: It's Gametime Baby!

Avery's POV

I left Madison's house feeling horrible. I didn't mean for things to go that way. I didn't want her to do anything she regretted. I knew how she felt about Gabriel and I didn't want to be in the way of that. I went too far right after I told her I knew I had a habit of going too far. Me kissing her was completely out of line, I had to stop going after her.

On the other hand, I loved it. I loved the feeling of her lips against mine. The feeling of her body against my own. I wanted it again, I wanted her to be mine.

I went to Allison's room as soon as I got home.

"What'd you do?" She asked me. I sighed, but laughed.

"How do you always know it's me?"

"When it isn't you, you usually aren't this sad looking." I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, I kissed her. I know she has a boyfriend and I kissed her anyway. It felt... so good, I don't regret it. I just feel bad for her." Her eyes widened. Not to mention I kept kissing her cheek and flirting with her.

"Woah, I'm so proud of you." I rolled my eyes.

"No. I feel bad about it. I went way too far. I'm always telling her about my feelings for her and making sly comments about it all. This is why I keep getting too close and stepping over the line. I have to stop doing this to her."

"I know she doesn't stop your comments and she blushes, but did she kiss back? Did she seem to be liking it?" I opened my mouth to speak but closed it back.

"I–I mean... yeah... she actually thought I was going to kiss her before that and she leaned in. I was only kissing her cheek."

"Then she wanted it you dufus!" I laughed and shrugged.

"In some ways yes. Or she could've been caught up in the moment. I mean, she says she loves Gabriel, she can't just like me. Even if so, the words themselves say everything. She thinks she loves him. Or maybe I was wrong and she really does love him." She shook her head.

"All of that could be true, but you started this on your own. You didn't think that Madison was in love with him before this. You said you wanted her. Why'd it change now? Especially when she kisses you back?" I didn't answer, but I just shrugged.

"I don't know." I looked down at my phone, knowing that if that didn't just happen, Madison would've been texted me. I sighed and pulled up my messages. I saw three dots appear then after a while they disappeared. It happened again and I laughed a little. "Thanks for talking with me Allison. I'm going to my room." She nodded and hugged me.

I went to my room and sat on my bed. I thought about the whole thing. Maybe I should go for her. Maybe she'd break up for him for me after a bit of trying. There's that optimism I'm so bad about.

Can I call you? She sent me. I stared at my phone before taking a deep breath and calling her.

"Hello?" She answered softly, nervously almost.

"Hey Mads."

"I–" I cut her off.

"No, let me talk first. I'm sorry about earlier. Like really sorry. I feel horrible about that. I know I do a lot of flirting with you and saying things to you that put you on edge and probably make you feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry and I'll stop. I don't want any trouble with him. I mean, he already suspected me and then I try to kiss you." She was quiet for a few seconds, I didn't know if she was on the phone.