Chapter 7: To Be or Not to Be... Friends Again?

Madison's POV

I woke up to my phone ringing and I sighed. Dammit, I just fell asleep. I stayed up all night thinking about what happened.

The look on Avery's face... I felt horrible hurting her that way. She was right, I led her on too much. She was too good for me, at this point.

My phone stopped ringing and started ringing again. I looked at it, seeing Gabriel's name pop up. I groaned, feeling angry, then guilty for technically cheating on him again last night.

"Hey." I said as I picked up.

"About time. I was calling to apologize, but I don't know if I want to anymore." I rolled my eyes, I could just see him pouting.

"Gabriel, you called me a whore, remember?" He sighed.

"Yeah... I feel really bad about it babe. I'm so sorry, really. It just feels like you're always taking up for her and hanging out with her. I keep hearing from the guys that she's gonna take you from me and it makes me feel so insecure. I don't want to lose you." I sighed, I guess I understand. I mean, I did almost have sex with her.

"I understand. Maybe we should hang out today?" He asked hopefully. "I'll make it up to you." I didn't really want to. I wanted to stay in today, plus I didn't even sleep last night.

"Uhh yeah... sure." My phone vibrated and I looked down, expecting to see Avery's name but it was just Taco Bell.

"Great, I'll pick you up in a bit." I groaned and got out of bed. You know, maybe I should've broken up with him. That probably would've been better than this.

Throughout the day with Gabriel, I tried to enjoy myself. I kept wondering if he really loved me. What would it be like to be with him forever? I didn't know if I wanted this as much as I thought I would.

I continuously checked my phone, waiting for Avery to text me. But, to my luck I got nothing.

"Babe, did you hear me?" Gabriel asked. I looked at him, blinking.

"What?" He huffed and shook his head.

"You act like you don't want to be here with me." He said, glaring at me.

"I'm just tired baby, I didn't sleep last night." His eyes softened and he took my hand.

"I'm sorry, are you okay?" I looked at our hands together and sighed.

"Yeah... I'll be okay. What were you saying though?"

"The guys all wanted to play laser tag, if you wanted to come tonight?" Of course I did...

"Sure, that sounds great."

I was excited yet nervous because I hadn't talked to Avery all day.

I saw her in line as we walked in. My eyes scanned her body. Man that could've been mine last night.

God, I was nervous. We walked over and Xander looked at us and went to talk to Gabriel. I took this opportunity to go talk to Avery.

"Hey Ave." I said quietly, rubbing my arms. She turned and smiled widely at me, making me a little more calm. She looked beautiful, as usual and I remembered the way I felt last night being held in her arms. Man, I was really stupid huh?

"Hey Mads. How's it going?" I looked down, fiddling with my fingers.

"I just wanted to say I'm sorry... I haven't heard from you today and–"

"I told you I wouldn't leave you. I just needed some time to process things... I'll just have to get over you, but it'll take some time getting over someone as amazing as you." She told me winking. I let out the breath I was holding and smiled.